Promotion and Tenure
2018-19 Timeline - Promotion and Tenure Review Process
If you are considering applying for promotion, please review the following before deciding to move forward with registration:
- For information on the promotion requirements for your rank and track, please review the Academic Rank Matrix.
- The contents of the Domain Expectations will help guide you on what is expected. This document is broken down by career level (Early, Mid, Established).
- After reviewing the Academic Rank Matrix and Domain Expectations, do you have enough accomplished to substantiate promotion?
- Seek advice about going up for promotion from your Department Chair, Division Director, and/or your Department APT Committee Chair.
For additional details on applying for promotion and/or tenure, please visit the Getting Started page.
- 2018 is your mandatory year to apply for Promotion for the award of Tenure, if you are on the Tenure Track and were hired (or received an extension) in 2013.
- The same also applies to Associate Professors Without Tenure who were hired in 2013. You may apply for Tenure Only at your current rank OR apply for Promotion and Tenure to Professor.
Feel free to email us at any time. We are happy to help you! Please check out the FAQ section to see if the answer to your question is there.
May 02, 2018