Post-Tenure Review (PTR) is required of all tenured faculty every seven years to ensure continued professional development and to identify opportunities that will enable them to reach their full potential for contribution to the university. Tenured faculty members reviewed each year are selected on a scheduled basis. Reviews may also be triggered at the request of a departmental chair.
Participation in the PTR process is mandatory. Policy information and the post-tenure review process is available below.
Post-Tenure Review Documents and Policies
- SoM Post-Tenure Review Policy
- KUMC Policy on Post-Tenure Review
- Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) Policy Requiring Post-Tenure Review Process
Post-Tenure Review Timeline
- September: Faculty member list for PTR is approved by the SoM APT Committee
- October: Faculty members are notified of selection for review
- January 15: Deadline for faculty to submit review materials
- By April 1: Reviews are completed
- April: APT Committee meets to review PTR recommendations; Chair of PTR committee attends the meeting
- May: APT Committee recommendations are submitted to the Executive Dean
- By May 31: Final decisions by the Executive Dean; Notifications are sent to the faculty member and department chair