Annual Faculty Assessment (AFA)
As mandated by Board of Regents policy, departmental chairs are required to provide to the Executive Dean an annual assessment of all faculty members having at least a 0.5 FTE commitment to the School of Medicine. This process is based on both a self-assessment by the faculty member, and a review and assessment by departmental chair, including a formal interview.
Faculty members with a start date July 2, 2017 or after are not required to complete an AFA. Faculty with a start date of July 1, 2017 or before are required to complete the AFA.
Steps to Complete the AFA Form
- Faculty member updates his/her CV using the School of Medicine format, highlighting in yellow their 2017 accomplishments. If a faculty member is unable to highlight, another option would be to change the font color to red or another color that will stand out to indicate 2017 accomplishments. Please see below in helpful links for more information on trouble highlighting.
- Complete the AFA form electronically for the calendar year of 2017.
- The Faculty Member is responsible for completing sections I - VI.
- The Chair is then responsible for completing sections VII and VIII.
- The Faculty Member meets with their Chair to discuss the CV and assessment.
- The Faculty Member then completes section IX.
We are making available an on-line database tool, Faculty Activity Collective Tool (FACT), for entering faculty CV information as well as for completing the attached Annual Faculty Assessment.
Click here to access the FACT database and online training manuals: FACT
You have three options for completing the CY2017 AFAs:
1. Complete the attached Annual Faculty Assessment form in Word and provide an updated SoM CV with your CY2017 accomplishments highlighted. (Same way as last year)
2. Use FACT to complete the AFA form by entering your narrative information (goals, progress, mentoring) but still provide the SoM CV, current format, with your CY2017 accomplishments highlighted.
3. Use FACT to complete the AFA form and enter at least CY2017 CV data. Our office will provide training to faculty and/or administrators for how to enter information into FACT.
Please contact Krista Wimberly to arrange for training and FACT access.
Completed forms and CVs must be received in the Faculty Affairs and Development (FAD) office by Tuesday, May 1, 2018.
Questions and feedback on improving the process should be sent to Krista Wimberly.
Last updated: January 9, 2018