Resident Stipends 2020-2021
(per Office of Graduate Medical Education website)
per Graduate Medical Education, 3 weeks of vacation leave per residency year
- Sick Leave
per Graduate Medical Education, 10 days of sick leave per residency year
- Professional Leave
with Program Director approval, undetermined number of professional leave days to attend Radiology educational conferences. Preference given to those residents presenting at the conference.
- State Holidays
ip to 9 state holidays may be given, in addition to the allowed GME vacation/leave policy, at the Program Director's discretion.
In addition to vacation days, residents are eligible for up to 2 wellness days or 4 half-days per year to be scheduled in advance per approval of the Chief Resident and clinical service. Resident wellness resources on the Graduate Medical Education site.
At no or low cost to residents:
- Offered Personal and Family Health insurance - employer/employee paid
- Professional malpractice insurance provided by the Hospital and State
- Pager and personalized lab coats
- BLS Certification and reimbursement for re-certification
- American College of Radiology (ACR) Annual Inservice Preparatory Board Exams
- $1,500 annually throughout the four-year residency for the purchase of books or other educational materials provided by GME
- Free access to STATdx and RadPrimer.
- $1,000 for transportation and expenses to AIRP course offered during the PGY4 year provided by the Department, in addition to the registration fee paid by the Department
- P5 Garage parking permit provided by GME
- Bi-weekly food allowance of $30. Free resident coffee and drink stations.
- Annual membership fee to the Kirmayer Fitness Center provided by GME
- Fee-waived DEA for duration of residency, as long as licensing is used only for required duties associated with the residency program
- Fee-waived Kansas Temporary Permit for duration of residency, as long as licensing is used only for required duties associated with the residency program
- Fee-waived Missouri Contiguous License for duration of residency, as long as licensing is used only for required duties associated with the residency program
- Counseling Services through the Kansas Medical Center and Staff Assistance Program
- Locum Tenens/ External Moonlighting for PGY-4 and PGY-5 Residents
- Locum tenens in Diagnostic Radiology, with entities with which the Program has long-standing relationships
- Occurs on weekends and vacation time
- Hours in locum tenens must be documented into the 80-hour work week
- Requires Program Director and Graduate Medical Education approval
- Requires permanent license, permanent DEA and private malpractice insurance
Last modified: Sep 24, 2020