Radiology Clinical Trials
The Department of Radiology participates in other research activities, including the following clinical trials:
The following trials are open to enrollment:
- SELECT 2: A Randomized Controlled Trial to Optimize Patient's Selection for Endovascular Treatment in Acute Ischemic Stroke
- TIPS Elastography: Shear Wave Elastography Assessment of Spleen Stiffness Before and After Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt (TIPS) Procedure
- Pain Relief with GVE: Quantification of Pain Relief with Gonadal Vein Embolization for Pelvic Congestion Syndrome
- TCOM vs NIRS: Accuracy of Transcutaneous Oxygen Monitoring (TCOM) vs Near Infrared Spectroscopy (NIRS) in predicting wound outcomes in patients treated with or without revascularization
- ASSIST: ASSIST registry's Purpose is to Assess the Procedural Success and Clinical Outcomes Associated With Various Operator Techniques for Mechanical Thrombectomy in Large Vessel Occlusions (LVO)
- JETi Registry: JETi registry's purpose is to evaluate real world patient outcomes after treatment of acute and non-acute upper and lower extremity venous and arterial thrombosis with the JETi Thrombectomy System.
- Investigational Diffusion-weighted Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) of the breast. The purpose is to create a registry of participants undergoing investigational diffusion-weighted imaging (DWI) sequences with the purpose of improving breast MRI.
- Safety and efficacy of thrombectomy in combination with endhole aspiration in the treatment of acute DVT to demonstrate the effectiveness of venous thrombectomy combined with the endhole aspiration (Penumbra Indigo) in the single-session treatment of acute DVT.
- Novel hypoxia imaging for Head and Neck Cancer: Imaging phenotype for personalized treatment. The purpose is to determine hypoxia imaging phenotype on the multi-modal PDB (perfusion, diffusion, and BOLD) MR imaging will predict which patients will respond to chemoradiotherapy.
The following trials are coming soon:
- MONARCH: The primary objective of this study is to evaluate the performance and safety of the CaterpillarTM Arterial Embolization Device when used for arterial embolization in the peripheral vasculature in a real world, on-label application.
- Utilizing 3D printing to assist planning of endovascular procedures in interventional radiology
The following trials are now closed to enrollment:
- Evaluation of MyoStrainTM in Clinical Practice (Myostrain)
- International Acute Ischemic Stroke Registry with the Penumbra System Aspiration including the 3D Revascularization Device (COMPLETE Registry)
- A Prospective, Multicenter Trial to Evaluate the Safety and Efficacy of the Indigo Aspiration System in Acute Pulmonary Embolism (EXTRACT-PE)
- A Prospective, Multicenter Registry Assessing the Embolization of Neurovascular Lesions using the Penumbra SMART Coil System (SMART)
- Yttrium Y-90 Resin Microspheres Data Collection in Unresectable Liver Cancer (RESIN Registry)
- Carbon-11 Acetate PET/CT Scan for Detection of Recurrent Prostate Cancer (C-11). While we are no longer accepting patients to this trial, we are currently providing clinical prostate cancer imaging PET/CT scans with Auxmin (F-18 fluciclovine) on Mondays and Fridays. To schedule a scan, please request your physician place a clinical order for you with the University of Kansas Health System. Once placed, you can call Radiology Scheduling at 913-588-6804 to schedule your appointment. We are also exploring other future prostate cancer imaging options, so stay tuned for more information. Alternatively, the Mayo Clinic and Phoenix Molecular are currently scanning patients using C-11 Acetate.
- Abbreviated Breast MRI and Digital Tomosynthesis Mammography in Screening Women With Dense Breasts (EA1141)
- Breast MRI Registry: A Prospective Registry to Determine the Assocation of Breast MRI Characteristics of High-risk Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia (ADH) or radial scars with architectural distortion and malignant surgical pathology.