A World Without Cancer
One of the benefits of the University of Kansas Medical Center is access to cutting-edge treatment options through clinical trials. As an academic medical center, KU recruits and funds research physicians whose sole function is to find better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer and other benign diseases. As a result, patients at KU have access to treatment options they may not find anywhere else.
Why do we believe in clinical trials?
• As a NCI-designated Cancer Center, KU has access to a wealth of clinical trials that are unavailable elsewhere
• These trials offer potentially life-saving treatment alternatives for patients for whom current therapies are less than effective
• Clinical trials help advance the field of oncology
• If you are unsure, ask your provider to see if you may be eligible for a clinical trial
Why enroll on clinical trials?
• To have a treatment option other than "standard of care"
• To receive innovative therapies that may not be publicly available
• To take a more pro-active approach to your cancer care
• To contribute to research and advance medical knowledge
• To help future generations
For more information regarding any research study or clinical trials in general, patients, family members, friends or referring physicians may ask their consult physician.