Talks and Trainings on Tobacco Treatment
Not sure how to help smokers or vapers quit?
Drs. Faseru and Richter from the University of Kansas School of Medicine have the training for you! As part of a Kansas Health Foundation project, they are funded to provide 4-6 trainings per year to organizations across Kansas.
Drs. Faseru and Richter will work with you to tailor the topic and delivery to meet your group’s needs.
You choose the topic:
- Free resources for quitting
- Prevention/treatment of adolescent smoking/vaping
- Integrating tobacco treatment into health homes
- Motivational Interviewing to encourage quitting
- Ways that peers can support tobacco cessation
- Free/low cost quit medications & how to use them
- What to say to our clients about e-cigarettes
- Optimizing use of quit-smoking medications
- Text messaging for smoking/vaping cessation
- Or… you decide the topic
You choose the time and place:
- 30 minutes – 3 hours; minimum of 8 learners
- Host training at your program or via online webinar
- We pay for our own travel/time
- We would like to record for others to use
- We will provide certificate for participants to apply for CEU
How do you get started?
- Contact Dr. Babalola Faseru or Kimber Richter at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ll set up a conference call to learn about your needs/preferences
- We’ll work with you to determine date/logistics of training
- We will provide 4-6 trainings per year on a first-come, first-serve basis
TTS Talks & Trainings Printable Flyer
Sep 16, 2019