Tami Gurley, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and PhD Program Director
Education and Training
University of Colorado, Boulder: Bachelor of Arts - Economics and Political Science
University of Tennessee, Knoxville: Master of Arts - Economics
University of Tennessee, Knoxville: Doctor of Philosophy - Economics
Improving Health and Well-being through Policy and Program Evaluation
My research focuses on how policies affect health and economic outcomes.
- Medicaid policies - health and cost outcomes
- Income support policies and the health of families
- Entrepreneurship decisions and economic well-being
My teaching interests include statistics, econometrics, health economics, and research design. I aim for students to develop strong research skills especially linking conceptual models to empirical analyses.
- HP&M 875: Modeling in Health Services Research
- HP&M 990: Advanced Topics