Financial Aid and Scholarships
Students in the Department of Population Health finance their education through federal and private loans, assistantships, scholarships, and part-time employment. Tuition and Fee information can be found on p.12 of the Comprehensive Fee Schedule.
The Department of Population Health offers scholarships, awards and graduate research assistantships and considers all incoming students for selection:
- Avis G. McPike Scholarship
- Foster G. McGaw Award (AUPHA)
- Ray Davis Scholarship
- Jerry Slaughter Scholarship for Health Care Policy
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANTSHIPS
- Two-three GRA positions offered annually
- Assignment to a Health Policy and Management faculty member;
- Part-time, temporary .4 FTE position (16 hours work commitment per week);
- Salary based on $5,000 per semester, paid through the KUMC payroll system; and
- Non-resident fee waiver for both semesters (GRAs pay in-state rates)
The following organizations offer scholarships for students in the field of health services administration.
- Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship
- Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship (For minority students only)
- AHA- Diversified Investment Advisors Leaders in Health Care Scholarship
- KHERF- Healthcare Scholarship Program
- David A. Winston Health Policy Scholarship Program ( for current MHSA students)
- Bachrach Family Scholarship for Excellence in Health Care Administration
- Federal Student workstudy positions are available for those who meet the criteria. Please contact the Student Financial Aid Office for more information.
- Both KU Medical Center and KU Hospital post job openings on their respective Human Resources websites. You can link to those sites at http://www.kumc.edu/prospective-employees.html.
Student Financial Aid Office
For more information regarding federal financial aid or student workstudy, please contact the office at http://www.kumc.edu/student-services/student-financial-aid.html ; G035 Dykes Library; (913) 588-5170; email@example.com