|Make an Appointment:
||K.U. Spine Center
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66160
|KU Arrowhead Sports Medicine Center
259 One Arrowhead Drive
Kansas City, MO 64219
|Indian Creek Campus
10730 Nall Ave. Suite 200
Overland Park, KS 66211
Sports Rehabilitation Services
The Sports Rehabilitation Service provides medical care to all athletes and physically active people of all ages, goals and abilities - from aspiring pros, collegiate athletes, pros, to "weekend warriors" and fitness buffs.
All active people deserve the best sports related care and treatment. At KUMC Sports Rehabilitation we are committed to maximizing abilities; treating injuries; and injury prevention. We provide rapid access to comprehensive care to help you meet your health and performance goals and to get you back on track.
Approximately 90% of all sports injuries are non-surgical, and KUMC Sports Rehabilitation can help guide appropriate rehabilitative care and ancillary services expedite referral to an orthopedic/sports surgeon when indicated. Common examples of musculoskeletal problems in sports include:
- Acute injuries (such as ankle sprains, muscle strains, knee & shoulder injuries, and fractures)
- Overuse injuries (such as tendonitis, stress fractures)
- Concussions/Mild traumatic brain injuries - diagnosis, management, and clearance.
- Nutrition, supplements, ergogenic aids and performance issues
- Exercise prescription for patients who want to increase their fitness
- Injury prevention
- "Return to play" decisions in the sick or injured athlete
- Strength training and conditioning
- Healthy lifestyle promotion
KUMC Sports Rehabilitation also specializes in many procedures such as ultrasound guided injections such as: viscosupplements; autologous blood injections (ABI); and platelet rich plasma (PRP).
Visit the University of Kansas Health System Sports Medicine website for more information.