Grand Rounds Presentations
PMR Grand Rounds
Join us for our Grand Rounds series scheduled for the 3rd Thursday of every month at 8AM. Location Varies. CME credit is available. Provided by the Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation & KUMC Continuing Education & Professional Development.
|Lied Auditorium||Gregory Worsowicz, MD||Business of Medicine|
|March 19||Lied Auditorium||Azra Salahuddin, MD||TBD|
|April 16||Lied Auditorium||Jason Frederick, MD||TBD|
|May 21||Lied Auditorium||TBD||TBD|
|June 18||Lied Auditorium||Lindy Lanzaat, DO||TBD|
|July 16||Lied Auditorium||TBD||TBD|
|August 20||Lied Auditorium||TBD||TBD|
|September 17||Lied Auditorium||Resident Physician Research Poster Review and Discussion||Varied|
|October 15||Lied Auditorium||TBD||TBD|
|November 19||1027- Orr Major||TBD||TBD|
|December 17||1027- Orr Major||TBD||TBD|
Vincent Key, MD
Peter Taylor, MD
Wendy Luo, MD
Kimberly Hartman, MD
Raj Mitra, MD
Casey Smith, MD MS
Sarah Woodrow, MD
Ryan Townley, MD
Mazen Dimachkie, MD
Joshua Bunch, MD
Scientific Basis of Acupuncture for Pain Management
Truths and Myths About Spinal Surgery
Dementia Diagnosis Differential: What is in a name?
|February 15||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Shawn Frost, PhD||Spinal Cord Stimulation for Motor Recovery in SCI|
|March 15||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Megan Clark, MD||Chemotherapy Induced Peripheral Neuropathy|
|April 19||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||John Alm, DO||Rehabilitation of the Injured Athlete|
|June 21||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||PMR Residents||1st Annual PMR Presentation on Quality Improvement|
|July 19||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Michael Abraham, MD||A Brief History of Endovascular Thrombectomy and Stroke Trials|
|August 16||School of Nursing 1050||Mark T. Fisher, MD||Supporting Function Through Adaptice Fitness and Sport|
|September 20||School of Nursing 1050||Abiodun Akinwuntan, PhD MPH MBA||Activities in LARRS and SHP: Opportunities for More Collaborations|
|October 18||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Muhammad Nashatizadeh, MD||Characterizing Various Types of Parkinsonism|
|November 15||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Matt Durand, PhD||Ischemic Conditioning as a Novel Therapy for Stroke Rehabilitation|
|December 20||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Neil Segal, MD||Advanced Therapeutic Options for Tendinopathy|
|January 19||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Senior Residents||Effects of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation on Hemiplegia in Stroke Patients|
|February 16||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Jeff Burns, MD||Alzheimer's Disease Update: From Treatment to Prevention|
|March 16||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||
Richard Barohn, MD
|April 20||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Travis Abicht, MD & Andrew Sauer, MD||VAD Program/ Advanced Heart Failure|
|May 18||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Jorge M. Zuniga, PhD||Development of Upper Limb 3D Printed Prostheses for Children|
|June 15||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Sandra Billinger, PhD||Exercise Is Medicine for Stroke Recovery: Linking Heart Health to Brain Health|
|July 20||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Matthew McLaughlin, MD||Precision Medicine, Oral Baclofen, and One Man's Journey into Pandora's Box|
|August 17||School of Nursing 1050||Joseph Chen, MD||Care of the Injured Worker: Risks and Rewards?|
|September 21||1101 Delp Pavilion Classroom||Alexandra Nielsen, MD||Headaches after Brain Injury|
|October 19||School of Nursing 1050||Albert Manero, PhD | Limbitless Solutions||Advancing Electromyographic Bionics for Children Through Additive Manufacturing and Personalized Expression|
|January 21||ORR-Major 1015 Classroom||David Guggenmos, PhD||Neural Prosthetics for Motor Systems
|March 17||School of Nursing G013 Aud.||S. Kamal Fetouh, MD||Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy|
|April 21||Orr-Major 1015 Classroom||Sarah Eickmeyer, MD||Good Catch: Keeping Rehab Patients Safe|
|May 19||School of Nursing G013 Aud.||McCasey Smith, MD||Upper Extremity Injuries in Racquet Athletes|
|July 21||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Rakesh Vardey, MD||Stroke Rehabilitation: Where's the Evidence?|
|August 18||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Neena Sharma, MD||Low Back Pain|
|September 15||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||James Sigler, MD||New Procedures for Treatment of Refractory Hip and Knee pain: Radiofrequency Ablation and DRG Stimulation|
|October 20||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||David Bundy, PhD||Adaptive Neurotechnologies for Improving Function after Stroke|
|December 15||Wahl West 1006 Auditorium||Daniel Lueders, MD||Dynamic Ultrasound in the Evaluation of andInterventions in the Elbow in Sports Medicine|
- January 15, 2015 - Dr. Kimberly Hartman - View PowerPoint slides "The Role of Rehabilitation in the Intensive Care Unit."
- March 19, 2015 - Dr. Randolph Nudo - View PowerPoint slides "New Approaches to Functional Restoration in the 21st Century."
- April 16, 2015 - Dr. Jason Kiene (PM & R Senior) -View PowerPoint slides "Pediatric Burns"
- May 21, 2015 - Dr. Leslie Cavazos (PM & R Senior) - View PowerPoint slides "Post-Mastectomy Syndrome"
- June 18, 2015 - Dr. Reginald Fears ( PM & R Senior) - "Severe Traumatic Brain Injury: Progress in Treatment"
- August 20, 2015 - Dr. Neil Segal - "Athletic Performance Through The Lifespan Lessons in Longevity From Masters Athletes". Click HERE to view the lecture.
- September 17, 2015 - Dr. Tiffany Williams - "Warnings to the Weekend Warrior- Spinal Injuries of the CrossFit Generation". Click HERE to view the lecture.
- October 15, 2015 - Dr. Raj Mitra, Professor & Chair - "The Utilization of Opiates : Use or Abuse?" Click HERE to view the lecture.
- November 19, 2015 - Dr. Isaac Hernandez - "Brief History and Current State of Automatic Dysreflexia." Click HERE to view the lecture. You can print slides by clicking HERE.
- December 17, 2015 - Senior Residents "Moyamoya Disease: Review & Update." Click HERE to view the lecture.