How to Apply
- Be advised that KU Pediatrics does NOT utilize any resident search services other than NRMP and will not accept applications outside of ERAS.
- We only accept applications through ERAS. Any applications received via fax, email or mail will not be considered and will be shredded.
- Preference will be given to applications received by Dec. 15.
- Preference is given to candidates less than 5years out from medical school graduation
- Preference is given to candidates with USMLE/COMLEX scores greater than 200, exceptions may be considered.
- A transcript of passing both Step I and II USMLE/COMLEX must be received prior the final program rank list submission deadline to be considered for ranking.
- Each application must contain at least three letters of recommendation.
- We do accept ECFMG sponsored J-1 Visas. All Visa and ECFMG certificates must be current for a July 1 start date. This is the only Visa accepted.
- U.S. clinical experience is not required, but highly recommended.
- Please see the Office of Graduate Medical Education's website for KU School of Medicine's application manual. International medical graduates please also see the GME Policy and Procedure Manual.
- The KU Pediatric Residency does not offer observerships or externships.
Interview: What to Expect
You will have a "host" resident who will be with you during the entire interview process. Your host resident will contact you several days before your interview.
Please plan to arrive in Kansas City prior to 4 p.m. the day before your interview. The interview day will conclude by 2 p.m.
Sample interview schedule of the interview
- Evening Before: 6:30 p.m.: Dinner with residents and other applicants, casual dress (dinner is required and considered part of the interview)
- Day of Interview: Arrive ~7:30am
- 8:00am Morning Teaching Conference
- 8:30am-9:00am Welcome Session with Program Directors
- 9:00am-noon Interviews with Program director and department chair plus two additional faculty
- Benefit session: Discuss the benefits offered by KU Pediatric Residency
- Tour of the facility
- Lunch with current first-year residents
- 2:00pm Conclusion
We provide all out-of-town candidates with a hotel room for the evening prior to the interview day. Although we pay for the room, you will need a credit card for incidentals. You can also purchase additional nights at the hotel at a reduced KU rate.
Feb 12, 2014