Be advised that KU Pediatrics does NOT utilize any resident search services other than NRMP and will not accept applications outside of ERAS.
• We only accept applications through ERAS. Any applications received via fax, email or mail will not be considered and will be shredded.
• Preference will be given to applications received by December 15.
• Preference is given to candidates less than 5 years out from medical school graduation.
• Preference is given to candidates with USMLE/COMLEX scores greater than 220, exceptions may be considered.
• A transcript of passing both Step I and II USMLE/COMLEX must be received prior to the final program rank list submission deadline to be considered for ranking.
• Each application must contain at least three letters of recommendation.
• We do accept ECFMG sponsored J-1 Visas. All Visa and ECFMG certificates must be current for a July 1 start date. This is the only Visa accepted.
• U.S. clinical experience is not required, but highly recommended.
• Please see the Office of Graduate Medical Education's website for KU School of Medicine's application manual. International medical graduates please also see the GME Policy and Procedure Manual.
The KU Pediatric Residency does not offer observerships or externships.
You will have a "host" resident who will be with you during the entire interview process. Your host resident will contact you several days before your interview.
Please plan to arrive in Kansas City prior to 4:00 PM the day before your interview. The interview day will conclude by 1:00 PM.
Sample schedule of the interview:
Evening before: 6:30 PM: Dinner with residents and other applicants, casual dress (dinner is required and considered part of the interview) There is a brief walk from the Aladdin Hotel to the dinner location.
Day of interview: Arrive 7 AM.
7:30 AM: Morning Taeching Conference
8 AM: Meet with the Program Director
8:40-10:15 AM: Interviews with program director and three additional faculty
10:30-10:50 AM: Associate Program Director, Chief Resident, and Coordinator benefit session
11:20-12:05 PM: Tour of the facility
12:10 PM: Lunch and wrap up
1:00 PM: Conclusion
We have reserved a block of rooms at the Aladdin Hotel for our out-of-town applicants for the evening prior to the interview day. This hotel is a short walk from where you will be having dinner the night before your interview. Once those reservations are gone, you will still be able to book a room at the discounted KU rate of $90.00 + taxes. Please note: All reservations will need a credit card for incidentals.