Research & Scholarship Committee
The purpose of the Department of Pediatrics Research & Scholarship Committee is to promote faculty, resident, and student participation in research and scholarly activities.
Members of the Research & Scholarship Committee will be appointed by the Chair of Pediatrics, or can nominate themselves, and can include faculty and staff at any rank.
Terms of service will be one year, with potential for multiple years of service depending upon the approval of the faculty serving on the committee and the Chair of Pediatrics.
The Research & Scholarship Committee will meet once a month and minutes from each meeting will be submitted by the Chair of the committee to the Chair of Pediatrics. The Chair of the Research & Scholarship Committee will report to the faculty during regularly scheduled faculty meetings as requested by the Chair of Pediatrics.
The Research & Scholarship Committee will assist faculty, residents and students in the following ways:
- Annual review and approval of pediatric pilot grants funded by the department
- Review of all grant applications (when requested)
- Review of all papers to be submitted for publication (when requested)
- Review of all posters/presentations to be presented at conferences (when requested)
- Assigning junior investigators to more senior investigators, when requested, both within the department and outside of the department, who can serve to mentor research activities and interests
- Keep faculty informed regarding grant opportunities and relevant changes in the Research Institute, Human Subjects Committee, General Clinical Research Center and Data Safety Monitoring Board.
- Funding for travel to present research, for both faculty and trainees.
- Brenda Salley, PhD -Chair
- Ann McGrath Davis, PhD, MPH, ABPP
- William Black, PhD
- Amanda Bruce, PhD
- Krishna Dummula, MD
- Kathryn Ellerbeck, MD, MPH, FAAP
- Linda Heitzman-Powell, PhD
- Rene Jamison, PhD
- Apurva Panchal, MD
- Sandeep Riar, MD
- T. Ryan Smith, MD
- Brenda Salley, PhD
- Michael Soares, PhD
- Sean Swindler, MEd
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do you have some burning question that you are afraid to ask? See our Research FAQs page for answers.
- Scientific Merit Review Form
- Budget Review Form
- Instructions for Scientific Merit Review
- Request for Statistical Support from the Department of Pediatrics
- Support for Faculty Scholarly Travel
- Trainee Travel Form
- Photo Policy
- Wish List Request
Searching for a Grant?
Internal Funding Opportunities
Internal Funding Opportunities For KU Medical Center Faculty
Departmental Grants - Contact the Chair