Faculty Development Committee
Committee Purpose, Duties and Process
The purpose of the Faculty Development Committee (FDC) is to assist pediatric faculty in developing their full potential in teaching, clinical service, research/scholarship, intramural/extramural service, and mentoring/leadership.
Members of the FDC will be appointed by the Chair of Pediatrics and may include faculty at any rank. The Chair of Pediatrics will appoint the Chair of the Faculty Development Committee. Terms of service for all committee members will be one year, with the potential for multiple years of service depending on the approval of the faculty serving on the committee and the Chair of Pediatrics
- Sponsoring 4 presentations or conferences specifically relating to faculty development each calendar year.
- Insure that faculty are aware of and access resources provided by the Faculty Development Office of the School of Medicine.
- Assist faculty in preparing for annual evaluations.
- Develop ways to evaluate faculty progress in teaching, clinical service, research/scholarship, intramural/extramural service, and mentoring/leadership.
- Identify faculty needs and address as appropriate.
- Assist faculty with work/life balance and other professional and personal development issues.
The FDC will meet once a month and meetings of the minutes will be submitted by the Chair of the FDC to the Chair of Pediatrics. The Chair of the FDC will report to the faculty on committee activities and recommendations during regularly scheduled faculty meetings.
July 24, 2012
- Ann Davis, Ph.D., Chair
- Martha Barnard, Ph.D.
- Kathy Davis, Ph.D.
- Kathryn Ellerbeck, M.D.
- Steve Lauer, M.D., Ph.D.
- Thomas Loew, M.D.
- Kayla Maalouf, M.D.
- Eve-Lynn Nelson, Ph.D.
- Lore Nelson, M.D.
- Jyoti Panicker, M.D.
"Preventing Firearm Injury: The Role of the Child Health Care Provider"
Presenter: Denise Dowd, MD, MPH
Faculty Well Being Survey Project: Department of Pediatrics
Presenter: Ann Davis, PhD, MPH, ABPP
"The New ACE Curriculum, New Building and Other Exciting Changes in Medical Education at the KUMC Department of Pediatrics"
Presenter: Pam Shaw, MD
Maintenance of Certification for Pediatricians
Presenters: Dr. Susan Pingleton, MD, FACP, Master Fellow, ACCP and Dr. Keith Mann, MD, MEd.
LCME Issues at KUMC
Presenters: Dr. Dianne Durham, PhD and Dr. Tomas Griebling, MD, MPH, FACS, FGSA
AAMC Negative Behavior Data for KUMC: Strategies for Improvement
Presenter: Betsy Williams, PhD, MPH
An Update on Grants, Clinical Trials and Human Subjects: Everything you Need to Know to be a Good Researcher
Presenters: Ann McGrath Davis, Ph.D., MPH, ABPP; Jo Ann Miller, BA, CCRP; and Valerie Schroeder, M.D., MS
Preparing for Your Annual Assessment and Other Professional Development Tricks of the Trade
Presenter: Ann Davis, PhD, MPH, ABPP.
May 06, 2019