Dismissal for Failure to Abide by the Academic Standards
A student who has failed to abide by the academic standards of The University of Kansas School of Medicine may be subject to Dismissal upon recommendation of the Student Promotions/Special Programs Subcommittee to the APC. Such a recommendation for Dismissal may occur for one or more (but are not limited to) of the following reasons:
- Receipt of Unsatisfactory grades, rectified or not, in (1) 12 credit hours OR (2) two clerkships or clinical electives; OR (3) the same module or clerkship twice.
- Maintenance of a cumulative Grade Point Average less than 2.0 for four (4) consecutive semesters.
- Failure to comply with an APC recommendation for remedial experience.
- Unexcused failure to enroll.
- Failure to complete requirements for graduation within the stipulated time permitted (see Section 3.D).
- Unprofessional behavior
A student recommended for Dismissal shall be notified in writing and shall have an opportunity to appear personally before the APC prior to a decision by the APC and transmission of that decision to the Executive Dean.
Aug 13, 2012