Academic Growth and Faculty Professional Development
Educating tomorrow's generation ~ caring for today's
KU Eye will be acknowledged as the most highly regarded center for eye care in the Heart of America and be recognized as among the top tier of the most respected centers in the nation.
It is the mission of KU Eye to establish and maintain a world-class eye care center that provides exceptional patient care, delivers the most advanced graduate and postgraduate medical education and conducts innovative basic and clinical research.
KU Eye physicians and staff will:
- Provide patients the highest quality eye care within a compassionate atmosphere.
- Engage in outreach through education and collaboration to promote excellence in eye care throughout our wider community.
- Work closely in consultation and support of the physicians and staff of the University of Kansas Hospital and Medical Center, University of Kansas Physicians and our community.
- Perform cutting-edge, basic, clinical and applied research in ophthalmology and vision science.
- Inspire students, residents and fellows to adopt the core values and support the mission of KU Eye.
Important and valuable information about mentoring, promotion, and training can be found at Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development.
The Department's Ambassador is Abby Strickland, Senior Administrator.
KU Eye's Promotions, Tenure and Mentoring Committee consists of William Godfrey, MD, Jeff Radel, Ph.D. and Thomas Whittaker, JD, MD.
Jul 15, 2015