Mission and Goals
MISSION OF THE ACADEMY
The Academy of Medical Educators will support the University of Kansas School of Medicine mission of the education of health professionals through:
- sponsoring faculty development designed to expand the cadre of exceptional medical educators and celebrate educational excellence;
- stimulating and supporting curricular and educational innovation;
- promoting scholarship in medical education.
GOALS OF THE ACADEMY
The goals of the Academy are to:
- create an environment that stimulates ongoing curricular and educational innovation;
- promote the career development of exceptional medical educators;
- promote academic scholarship and research among medical educators;
- advocate for greater financial support for medical education;
- advise the educational leadership of the School on matters related to medical education.
Sep 28, 2018