Student Programs Overview
Health Careers Pathways Programs (HCPP), K - 12 Programs
- Saturday Science, Math, and Technology Academy - Held on Saturdays, October-May for 120 7th-12th grade students at KCKCC. Students engage in academic enrichment through interactive learning labs, team building, pro-social development and cultural competency awareness.
Health Careers Pathways Program (HCPP), College through 20 Programs
THE APPLICATION FOR THE FOLLOWING TWO PROGRAMS WILL CLOSE ON MARCH 15, 2019.
- Health Sciences Enrichment Institute - A five-week summer program on the KUMC campus for college Freshmen and Sophomores that offers instruction in various upper level Science and Health related courses, such as Microbiology, Organic chemistry, and Intro. to Medicine.
- Pre-Admissions Program - A five-week summer program for college Juniors and Seniors that prepares students to take the MCAT. Students will also receive an overview for preparing the AMCAS application and information about the medical school admissions process.
- Complete online application and submit it by March 15, 2019.
Log in to the Online Application with the following User ID / Password:
User ID: OCED Program Application
Click here to apply: https://www2.kumc.edu/som/MEDS
If you have any technical problems, please contact Mr. Greg Fay, 913-588-7347, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you save Page 1 of the online application, log back in with your personal User ID and Password to access applications. Your personal User ID is created when you successfully save Page 1.
User ID: First Name + Last Name with no spaces
Password: Month + Day of your birth date (4 digits, like 0530) +
Last Four Digits of your SSN (a total of 8 digits)
- Provide the following supporting documentation:
A. Provide two letters of recommendation from a counselor and/or instructor(s).
B. Submit an unofficial transcript for all college courses you have completed (or unofficial transcript from high school for HSEI-I).
Your supporting documents must be received by March 15, 2019 for the application to be considered complete. Only complete applications will be considered for acceptance to the program.
Supporting documents should be sent via email to the following email addresses:
If you prefer to send your supporting documents via US Postal Service, please use the following address:
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
University of Kansas Medical Center
School of Medicine
G028 Murphy, Mail Stop 4007
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66160-7120
If you have questions regarding these programs, please contact our office at 913-588-1237.
(KU Online ID Required) - This twelve-month conditional admissions program accepts promising medical school applicants who, through interviews, show potential but require additional preparation. A series of courses at KU Edwards campus helps students develop necessary skills. Upon successful completion of the program, students are admitted to medical school.
Instructions for applying to the Post Baccalaureate Program will be provided via email to those individuals invited to participate in the program.
If you have questions regarding this program, please contact our office at 913-945-6402.
The KUMC Pre-Matriculation Program (KUMC Online ID Required) - This six-week invitation only program is for students who have been accepted to KUMC School of Medicine. It is designed to provide an overview of the Medical School Curriculum and to facilitate students’ transition into Year 1.
Complete online application and submit it.
Instructions for applying to the Pre-Matriculation Program will be provided via email to those individuals invited to participate in the program.
If you have questions regarding this program, please contact our office at 913-588-1547.
The postdoctoral program promotes the recruitment, advancement and retention of minority faculty through programs designed to enhance their teaching, scholarship and research skills.
Nicodemus Free Health Clinic - Student positions are available.