The Pre-Admissions Program is a six-week summer program on the KUMC campus designed for college junior and senior students preparing to take the MCAT and apply to medical school.
- Current enrollment as a junior or senior in an institution of higher education.
- A minimum of 2.8 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale is required at the college level.
- Completion of Organic Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- The student must be from a disadvantaged background and/or be a member of a population that is underrepresented or underserved in the health field (i.e. Native American, African American, Hispanic American, Southeast Asian).
Program components include:
- MCAT preparation
- Medical School Admissions Workshop
- Personal Statement Workshop
- Test-taking Strategies
- Time management and study skills
- Stress and Interpersonal Management
- Clinical Skills Training
- Complete online application and submit it by March 31, 2016.
Log in to the Online Application with the following UserID/Password:
UserID: OCED Program Application
Click here to apply: https://www2.kumc.edu/som/MEDS
If you have any technical problems, please contact Mr. Greg Fay, 913-588-7347, email@example.com
- Provide the following supporting documentation:
- Provide two letters of recommendation from a counselor and/or instructor(s).
- Submit an unofficial transcript for all college courses you have completed.
If you have questions regarding this program, please contact our office at 913-588-1237.
Supporting documents should be sent via email to the following email addresses:
Maria Alonso Luaces, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pamela Scott, email@example.com
Sherry Kennedy, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you prefer to send your supporting documents via US Postal Service, please use the following address:
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
The University of Kansas Medical Center
School of Medicine
G028 Murphy, Mail Stop 4007
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66160-7120
Application Deadline: March 31, 2016
|March 31, 2016
||Online application must be submitted on or before this date
|May 31, 2016
||First day of summer programs
|July 1, 2016
||Last day of the program
Apr 07, 2016