The Pre-Admissions Program is a six-week summer program designed for college junior and senior students preparing to take the MCAT and apply to medical school.
- Current enrollment as a junior or senior in an institution of higher education.
- A minimum of 2.8 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale is required at the college level.
- Completion of organic chemistry, physics and biology.
- The student must be from a disadvantaged background and/or be a member of a population that is underrepresented or underserved in the health field (i.e. Native American, African American, Hispanic American, Southeast Asian).
Students prepare in a nationally known MCAT course, attend a reading/writing laboratory, receive assistance in preparing the AMCAS application, participate in mock medical school interviews, and take part in clinical rotations.
APPLICATIONS FOR 2016 PROGRAMS ARE NOT YET OPEN.
APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR 2016 TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON.
- Complete online application and submit it by (deadline to be announced soon).
Log in to the Online Application with the following UserID/Password:
UserID: OCED Program Application
Click here to apply: https://www2.kumc.edu/som/MEDS
If you have any technical problems, please contact Mr. Greg Fay, 913-588-7347, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide the following supporting documentation:
- Submit a personal statement no more than 250 words.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from a counselor and/or instructor(s).
- Submit an unofficial transcript for all college courses you have completed.
If you have questions regarding this program, please contact our office at 913-588-1237.
Supporting documents should be sent via email to the following email addresses:
Maria Alonso Luaces, email@example.com;
Pamela Scott, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Sherry Kennedy, email@example.com
If you prefer to send your supporting documents via US Postal Service, please use the following address:
Office of Diversity and Inclusion
The University of Kansas Medical Center
School of Medicine
G028 Murphy, Mail Stop 4007
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66160-7120
Application Deadline for 2016 to be announced soon
||Online application must be submitted on or before this date.
|May 31, 2016
||First day of summer programs
|July 1, 2016
||Last day of the program
Jan 14, 2016