The Pre-Admissions Program is a six-week summer program designed for college junior and senior students preparing to take the MCAT and apply to medical school.
- Current enrollment as a junior or senior in an institution of higher education.
- A minimum of 2.8 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale is required at the college level.
- Completion of organic chemistry, physics and biology.
- The student must be from a disadvantaged background and/or be a member of a population that is underrepresented or underserved in the health field (i.e. Native American, African American, Hispanic American, Southeast Asian).
Students prepare in a nationally known MCAT course, attend a reading/writing laboratory, receive assistance in preparing the AMCAS application, participate in mock medical school interviews, and take part in clinical rotations.
- Complete online application and submit it by March 25, 2015.
Log in to the Online Application with the following UserID/Password:
UserID: OCED Program Application
Click here to apply: https://www2.kumc.edu/som/MEDS
If you have any technical problems, please contact Mr. Greg Fay, 913-588-7347, email@example.com
- Provide the following supporting documentation:
- If not self supporting, send a copy of 2014 family financial statement or 2014 federal income tax return.
- Submit a personal statement no more than 250 words.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from a counselor and/or instructor(s).
- Submit an unofficial transcript for all college courses you have completed.
If you have questions regarding this program, please contact our office at 913-588-1237.
Supporting documents should be mailed or faxed to the following:
Office of Cultural Enhancement and Diversity
The University of Kansas Medical Center
School of Medicine
G028 Murphy, Mail Stop 4007
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66160-7120
Application Deadline: March 25, 2015
|March 25, 2015
||Online application must be submitted on or before this date.
|May 26, 2015
||First day of summer programs
|July 3, 2015
||Last day of the program
Sep 11, 2014