Health Sciences Enrichment Institute, Level 2
The Health Sciences Enrichment Institute Level 2 (HSEI-2) is a six-week summer program designed to provide preliminary undergraduate (non-credit) education. Such education is structured to enhance the participant’s preparation for, admission to, and the probability of the participant’s successful completion of, the regular course of study in a health professions school, and to reinforce the participant’s potential for success in a career as a health professional.
- Current enrollment as a freshman or sophomore in an institution of higher education.
- A minimum of 2.5 G.P.A. on a 4.0 scale is required.
- An interest in medicine as a career and completion of basic science course-work in biology and general chemistry.
- The student must be from a disadvantaged background and/or be a member of a population that is underrepresented or underserved in the health field (i.e. Native American, African American, Hispanic American, Southeast Asian).
This program will include:
- Organic Chemistry
- Calculus I and II/Statistics
- Technical Writing
- Skills for Survival Course
Non-Academic Components include:
- Time, Stress and Interpersonal Management Workshop
- Field Trips to area health care facilities
- Mentoring Sessions with under-represented practicing health professionals and medical students
- Health and Wellness Workshop
- Field Trip to KUMC
- Admissions & Financial Aid Workshops
- Professional Development and Self-Esteem Enhancement
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MARCH 27, 2015.
- Complete online application and submit it by March 27, 2015.
Log in to the Online Application with the following User ID / Password:
User ID: OCED Program Application
Click here to apply: https://www2.kumc.edu/som/MEDS
If you have any technical problems, please contact Mr. Greg Fay, 913-588-7347, email@example.com
- Once you save Page 1 of the online application, log back in with your personal User ID and Password to access applications.
Your personal User ID is created when you successfully save Page 1.
User ID: First Name + Last Name with no spaces
Password: Month + Day of your birth date (4 digits, like 0530) +
Last Four Digits of your SSN (a total of 8 digits)
- Provide the following supporting documentation:
- Submit a personal statement no more than 250 words.
- Provide two letters of recommendation from a counselor and/or instructor(s).
- Submit an unofficial transcript for all college courses you have completed.
Your supporting documents must be received by March 27th deadline for the application to be considered complete. Only complete applications will be considered for acceptance to the program.
If you have questions regarding this program, please contact our office at 913-588-1237.
Supporting documents should be sent via email to the following email addresses:
Maria Alonso Luaces, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Pamela Scott, email@example.com;
Sherry Kennedy, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you prefer to send your supporting documents via US Postal Service, please use the following address:
Office of Cultural Enhancement and Diversity
The University of Kansas Medical Center
School of Medicine
G028 Murphy, Mail Stop 4007
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Kansas City, KS 66160-7120
Application Deadline: March 27, 2015
|March 27, 2015
||Online application must be submitted on or before this date.
|May 26, 2015
||First day of summer programs
|July 3, 2015
||Last day of the program
Mar 05, 2015