Minority Medical Education Resources
...to help you get started at KUMC and continue to excel!
- The Center of Excellence for Minority Medical Education (COE) is designed to ensure diversity and quality in medical education, health care delivery and research.
- The Health Careers Pathways Programs (HCPP) offers counseling, field trips, academic enrichment and tutorials. In addition, resource people provide practical and timely information and also serve as role models.
- The Student National Medical Association of KUMC works to create a legacy which fosters an environment of cultural diversity, a high standard of educational excellence, knowledge of minority-related health issues, and a support structure with encouragement to fellow and future generations of medical students.
- The Latino Midwest Medical Students Association (LMMSA) at the University of Kansas Medical Center seeks to find better ways to care for Kansas City's large Hispanic population as well as its other medically and socially underserved populations.
- The Asian American Medical Student Association (AAMSA) is the Kansas Chapter of the Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association (APAMSA), a national organization that brings together Asians and others interested in the health issues that affect Asians so that we may have a strong, collective, public and political voice.
- The Multicultural Information Resource Center Library consists of books, journals, CDs, videos, cassettes, and electronically accessed materials with a focus on cultural minorities in the US, underserved or special populations and their healthcare, as well as educational and career opportunities for minorities in medicine and allied health fields.
- AspiringDocs.org! The AAMC’s web resource for students just like you to help you learn whether medicine is the right career for you and give you information you need be competitive medical school applicant.
- Local Area Information Resource Guide or faculty, residents, prospective and current students, their parents and families.
Mar 19, 2013