KU Medical Center Office
Medical Office Building
5 floor, Pod C
3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66160
Gladstone, Missouri Office
101 NW Englewood Road
Gladstone, MO 64118
St. Joseph, Missouri Office
3943 Sherman Ave.
St. Joseph, MO 64506
1111 SW Gage Boulevard
Topeka, KS 66604
Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship Program
Welcome to the KU - Maternal Fetal Medicine Fellowship website!
We are an ACGME fully accredited three-year Maternal Fetal Medicine fellowship. Our program, directed by Dr. Marc Parrish, offers excellent training opportunities in both the maternal and fetal aspects of our subspecialties. As the main tertiary referral center for the state of Kansas, we manage a wide range of maternal and fetal complications.
A brief overview of our practice includes:
- Approximately 2,000 deliveries per year at our main KU location
- 6 ultrasound rooms at our KU location in Advanced Maternal & Fetal Care, with advanced ultrasonographers (credentials include Fetal Medicine Foundation certification for first trimester screening, CLEAR certification, and 11 sonographers with fetal echo certification)
- 4 half-days of resident high-risk clinic, and one half-day of fellow continuity clinic
- 3 outlying outpatient offices in Topeka, Gladstone and St. Joseph where both ultrasound and clinic visits or consultations are performed
- Over 7,000 ultrasounds per year, including examinations such as first trimester screening (using NT, nasal bone, tricuspid regurgitation and ductus venosus), level II ultrasounds, CLEAR- certified cervical length screening and fetal echocardiograms
- A large volume of multiple pregnancies, including monochorionic/diamniotic twin sets and higher order multiples
- Exposure to and training in fetal interventions, including procedures such as cordocentesis, intrauterine transfusions, shunt placement (including bladder and thoracic), and laser ablation for Twin-Twin Transfusion Syndrome, with 39 fetal procedures (excluding amniocentesis and CVS) performed in the last year alone