Application Process for the Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship
Applications for the University of Kansas Gynecologic Oncology program will be accepted through ERAS, with an application deadline of April 1, 2019. Interview invitations will be sent via email on April 22, 2019. Interviews will occur during July and August.
Eligibility for Fellowship
Prerequisites: Medical Degree, Completion of Ob/Gyn Residency, anticipated
All applications through ERAS Fellowship must include:
ERAS Common Application Form. Describe your activities with professional societies, publications, and any other relevant information about your education or experience. Any information you would put on your curriculum vitae should be included.
- Personal statement of professional goals
- Official transcripts. Official transcripts from each medical school you attended. Provide certified or notarized English translations of documents written in a language other than English
- Official test transcripts for all applicable examinations (USMLE, LMCC, COMLEX, NBOME, FMGEMS, FLEX, or NBME)
- CREOG Scores - If you are chosen for an interview you will be contacted by the Program Coordinator to submit your CREOG Scores.
- Valid ECFMG certificate is required if you graduated from a medical school outside the United States or Canada
- Four letters of recommendation - two from physicians or faculty members who are thoroughly familiar with your work (one of which must be from the Obstetrics and Gynecology Gynecologic Oncology Depatment/Division), one from your Residency Program Director and one from your Obstetrics and Gynecology Department Chair. LOR should be sent directly to ERAS for scanning.
Applicants are reviewed based on academic record, professional background, personal qualities, recommendations, and interviews. The rank list is reviewed in a meeting that includes faculty who interviewed prior to submission to the NRMP.