KU is committed to providing its residents and fellows with a competitive annual salary and benefits package. Employee benefits include medical and dental plans, paid time off, retirement plans, as well as other benefits.
- Residents are eligible for an educational stipend to attend a conference or for the purchase of books, CDs or other educational materials subject to approval of the program.
- Access to KU's medical library is given for house staff to browse electronic journals without a subscription.
- Malpractice insurance coverage is provided to all employees.
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Worker's compensation insurance
- Retirement programs
Vacation and leave
- Residents are eligible for time off benefits. Holiday call will be equitably distributed by the program director.
- Residents receive three weeks of paid vacation each academic year.
- Sick leave is time that can be used in case of illness or injury. Residents are allowed 10 non-cumulative days of sick leave each year.
- Extended leave without pay is given for reason of family or person illness, serious health conditions, disability or the birth or adoption of a child.
- Access to KU's onsite fitness center at a discounted rate.
- Laundry service
- Meal allowance
Dec 21, 2016