Admission applications to the KU-MPH program are processed through the Schools of Public Health Application Services (SOPHAS). Additional instructions can be found on the SOPHAS website.
Application materials checklist:
- A personal statement
- A CV or resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- One official copy of transcript from all post-secondary institution(s) attended
- Evaluation of non-U.S. transcripts from WES including degree equivalency and grade point average.
- GRE® or other standardized test scores (ETS Code with SOPHAS for KUMC is 1794)
- Official TOEFL® score (international applicants only)
- September 1: SOPHAS Portal for KU-MPH applications opens.
- September 1 - Dec 1: Early Decision period. Completed applications submitted within this time period can expect to receive a decision by January.
- December 1: Early Decision period ends.
- March 1: FINAL application deadline. ALL applications submitted after December 1st must be complete by March 1st to be considered for review. Applicants can expect to receive a decision 4-6 weeks after the final deadline date of March 1st.
I am offered a place in the KU-MPH program. What are the next steps?
Congratulations! Your admission to the program is contingent on submission of the KUMC Application and results of a University required background check. Your admission email will provide instructions on how to submit a KUMC application. You will also receive a seperate email from the Program Director with detailed instructions on how to complete a background check.
- Step 1: Complete and submit the KUMC application. There will be a $60 application fee.
- Step 2: Complete the university required background check. As of 2017, there is an application fee of $36.50 (plus $2.00 administrative fee for Credit Card users) for the background check.
I applied for the KU-MPH program, but was denied admission. Can I get feedback on my application?
We cannot accomodate requests for feedback from denied applicants. We can assure you that each applicant is carefully considered. At least four members of the KU-MPH Admisisons Committee independently review each applicant. Applicants are denied when the committee concludes that their qualifications do not position them ahead of enough other applicants in the pool. However, we can look over your application materials and share with you how to improve and strengthen your application for the next admissions cycle. If you have questions about how to make your application stronger, please contact the KU-MPH Site Director before you submit your application.
Jun 15, 2017