KI News Archive
The class of 2014 Nephrology fellowship graduates are: Bassam Shakil (left) joins the Arizona Kidney Disease and Hypertension Centers in Kingman, Arizone; Dina Corbin (second from left) joins South West Georgia Nephrology in Albany, Georgia, Munis Mattu (third from right) joins the Kansas City VA Medical Center; and Kerri McGreal (right), who will complete a T32 Research Fellowship at the KUMC Kidney Institute. We are grateful for all of their contributions to our division and our patients during their two-year clinical fellowship. Congratulations, doctors!
Our nephrology alumni with position acheived following completion of training at KUMC are listed here.
- KI researcher finds potential treatment for PKD (June 2013)
- PKD treatment passes crucial first test (Nov 2012)
- KI Researcher Featured in Kansas Medicine + Science (June 2012)
- Congratulations to Jackie Peda on receiving a PKD Foundation Fellowship in the amount of $100,000 to support her project titled : "The regulation of cardiac remodeling by PC1 and SMYD2 in PKD." Jackie will be joining Dr. Xiaogang Li's lab to work on her project
- Congratulations to Dr. Jason Stubbs on his grant award funding from the American Heart Association beginning July 1, 2015 titled : Intestinal Microbiota and Atherosclerosis Risk in Chronic Kidney Disease
- Dr. Reena Rao's paper, "Glycogen synthase kinase-3β promotes cyst expansion in polycystic kidney disease" is featured on the cover of the June 2015 edition of Kidney International. Congrats to Dr. Rao and her lab!
- Congratulations to Dr. Julie Zhou on her Postdoctoral grant award funding from the Administrative Core of the Kansas IDeA Network of Biomedical Research Excellence (K-INBRE). Title of her award: Functional Roles of DNMT1 in Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Congratulations to Dr. James Calvet and Dr. Xiaogang Li on their Racing Unlimited PKD Research grant awards
- Congratulations to Dr. Darren Wallace, Dr. Stephen Parnell, and Dr. Madhulika Sharma on their Kidney Institute Pilot Grant awards
Sep 23, 2016