KUMED and KCVAMC inpatient ward weekend and night coverage and weekday day coverage:
- One person from each inpatient ward team stays until 7 p.m. nightly
- Weekday night float coverage:
- All interns and upper level residents will rotate on two-week ward night float blocks
- Night float team is made up of two interns and one senior resident
- Night float rotation runs from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m., Monday through Saturday, for two consecutive weeks
- Weekend intern resident coverage:
- Interns on inpatient blocks have zero to one overnight weekend calls per block: Sunday 8 p.m. - Monday 12 p.m.
- Weekend senior resident coverage:
- Senior residents on inpatient ward blocks cover the day shift from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Senior residents on consult rotations cover one to two night shifts from 7 p.m. to 8 a.m. on Sundays
KUMED Medical Intensive Care Unit night coverage:
- Seniors and Interns will cover five to six consecutive nights from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m.
KUMED Coronary Care Unit night coverage:
- Senior residents cover five to six consecutive nights in the unit from 6 p.m to 7 a.m.
- Interns do not take overnight call in the KU CCU
Jul 18, 2014