All categorical residents spend at least one half-day each week at a continuity care clinic. Sites include:
- KU Medical Center
- Westwood Internal Medicine
- Kansas City CARE Clinic
- Swope Park Health Clinic
- Kansas City Internal Medicine
Preliminary residents do not participate in a continuity clinic care experience.
All residents will have the same ambulatory experience, which is outlined to provide exposure to all of the internal medicine sub-specialties. Ambulatory rotation blocks will occur over 2 blocks in each of PGY2 and PGY3.
- Ambulatory 1: Wound Clinic, Rheumatology, Gynecology, Allergy, Endocrinology
- Ambulatory 2: Lipid, Pulmonary, Renal, Heart Failure, Hematology/Oncology
- Ambulatory 3: Dermatology, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases
- Ambulatory 4: Kansas City CARE Clinic, which is the largest free clinic in the U.S. and one of the largest safety net service providers in the Kansas City region. This clinic exists to promote health and wellness by providing quality health care services, at no charge, to people without access to basic care.
Jul 11, 2013