Myeloma and Amyloidosis Disorder Clinic Information
Our Mission: "Through cutting-edge research, develop and implement novel and effective treatments for long-term control and eradication of myeloma delivered in a 'world class' patient care and educational setting of KU Cancer Center."
Goals to enhance our Mission
- Weekly collaboration of care through current bone marrow transplant physician and nurse practitioner meetings.
- Weekly collaboration between Dr. Abdallah, nurse practitioner, and clinical nurse coordinators to discuss, evaluate, and implement clinical improvement initiatives.
- Support myeloma community through quarterly presentations at the International Myeloma Support Group and be a continual resource and partner with the International Myeloma Foundation.
- Collaboration of care with bone marrow transplant, neurology, nephrology, orthopedics, pain management, IR, palliative care, psychology, and supportive care services; strive to have a dedicated specialist in each of these areas for myeloma patients.
- Opening clinical trials
- Obtaining grants
- Contributing in basic research
- Contribute to national meetings through presentations and research
- Submission of clinic driven abstracts and research
- Continue to expand through increased clinic referrals
- To become an expert resource in the region through dedication and collaboration with rural hospitals and clinics, community leaders, and caregivers
- Build networks with other universities