Priyanka Sharma, MD
Medical School: University of Baroda, India, M.S.
Residency: Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
Fellowship: Hematology, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
Publications: Click here
Triple Negative Breast Cancer, Novel Targeted Agents, Breast Cancer Genetics, Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy
Rank: Associate Professor of Medicine
Breast Cancer Treatment| Triple Negative Breast Cancer | Breast Cancer Genetics
Funded Research Projects & Awards
Conquer Cancer Foundation of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, Advanced Clinical Research Award
2015-2018 Advanced Clinical Research Award, Conquer Cancer Foundation of ASCO
2016-present Assistant Director of Clinical Research, University of Kansas Cancer Center, Kansas City, KS
2016 Director's Award for Clinical Research, University of Kansas Cancer Center, Kansas City, KS
2017 Director's William Jewell Team Science Award, University of Kansas Cancer Center
2018-present Vice Chair, SWOG Breast Committee
2016-2019 Appointed Member, ASCO Scientific Program Committee
1. Sharma P, Barlow W, Godwin A, et al. Impact of homologous recombination deficiency biomarkers on outcomes in patients with triple-negative breast cancer treated with adjuvant doxorubicin and cyclophosphamide (SWOG S9313) [published online ahead of print (December 23)]. Ann Oncol. 2017. doi:10.1093/annonc/mdx821.
2. Bhatti S, Heldstab J, Lehn C, ... Sharma P. Clinical activity of pembrolizumab in a patient with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer without tumor programmed death-ligand 1 expression: a case report and correlative biomarker analysis. JCO Precis Oncol. 2017(1):1-6. doi:10.1200/PO.17.00032.
1.3. Michailidou K, Lindstrom S, Dennis J... Sharma P... et al. Association analysis identifies 65 new breast cancer risk loci. Nature. 2017;551(7678):92-94.
4. Sharma P, Lopez-Tarruella S, Garcia-Saenz JA ... et al. Efficacy of neoadjuvant carboplatin plus docetaxel in triple-negative breast cancer: Combined analysis of two cohorts. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23(3):649-57.
5. Sharma P. Biology and management of patients with triple-negative breast cancer. Oncologist. 2016;21(9):1050-62.
6. Couch FJ, Hart SN, Sharma P, et al. Inherited mutations in 17 breast cancer susceptibility genes among a large triple-negative breast cancer cohort unselected for family history of breast cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2015;33(4):304-11.
7. Connor CS, Kimler BF, Mammen JM, ... Sharma P. Impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy on axillary nodal involvement in patients with clinically node negative triple negative breast cancer. J Surg Oncol. 2015;111(2):198-202.
8. Sharma P, Klemp JR, Kimler BF, et al. Germline BRCA mutation evaluation in a prospective triple-negative breast cancer registry: Implications for hereditary breast and/or ovarian cancer syndrome testing. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2014;145(3):707-14.
Selected Conference Proceedings
- Sharma P, Kimler BF, Klemp JK, Ward C, Connor CS, McGinness MK, Mammen JMV, Wagner JL, Amin AL, Fabian CJ, Jensen RA, Godwin AK, Khan QJ. Outcomes with neoadjuvant versus adjuvant chemotherapy for T1-2 node negative triple negative breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 2015. 33(15 suppl: abstr 1092).
- Sharma P, Powers BC, Kimler BF, Ward CW, Klemp JR, Connor CS, McGuinness MK, Mammen JMV, Wagner JL, Khan QJ, Jensen RA, Godwin AK, Fabian CJ. Thrombocytopenia is associated with pathological complete response to Neoadjuvant Carboplatin/Docetaxel chemotherapy in BRCA wild type triple negative breast cancer. Cancer Res Dec 2014, 74(24 suppl; abstr 1502).
- Robson M, Tutt A, Balmana J, Kaufman B, Geyer C, Ford J, Sharma P, Mann H, Fasching PA. OlympiA and OlympiAD: randomized Phase III trials of olaparib in patients with breast cancer and a germline BRCA1/2 mutation. Cancer Res Dec 2014, 74(24 suppl; abstr OT1-1-04).
- Sharma P, Stecklein SR, Fabian CJ et al. Efficacy of neoadjuvant carboplatin/docetaxel chemotherapy in sporadic and BRCA-associated triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC). J Clin Oncol 2014. 32:5s (suppl; abstr 1022). Poster highlights presentation at the 50th Annual ASCO Meeting, Chicago, IL, June 2014.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- South West Oncology Group (SWOG)
- Consortium of Investigators of Modifiers of BRCA1/2 (CIMBA)
- Institutional Review Board, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS