For inquiries regarding the Endocrinology Fellowship Program, please contact the Program Coordinator.
4000 Cambridge Street
Kansas City, KS 66160
P: (913) 588-6841
F: (913) 535-2101
Stipend and benefit information for residents and fellows at University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, Kansas campus.
|FY 2020 Stipends|
|July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020|
Please see the GME Policy and Procedure Manual for more information regarding insurance and other resident benefits.
• Malpractice Insurance
• Worker's compensation
• Long-term disability insurance coverage
• Access to free and confidential counseling services (including test preparation)
• Dykes Library access to electronic journals without subscription
• UPTODATE access throughout the hospital
• 24-hour secured parking garage paid for by the department
• Access to Kirmayer Fitness Center paid for by the department
• Two embroidered white coats provided during training
• Meal allocations at KU: All fellows will receive $15.00 per week
• Up to $1500 per year to be used for books, dues, conferences, etc.
• Up to $1500 during training to be used for Board Preparation
• Cost of yearly In-Training Exam paid for by the department
• All PGY levels receive three weeks (15 business days) of vacation per year, which can be taken in one or two-week blocks. Vacation time does not accumulate from year to year.
• All PGY levels receive two weeks (10 business days) or sick leave per year. This time does not accumulate year to year.
• All PGY levels receive 1 week (5 business days) of professional leave per year. This time must be approved by the Program Director and can be used for medical board examinations, national meetings associated with the field of Endocrinology, or interviews for permanent jobs after fellowship. This time does not accumulate year to year.