Madhav Lavu, MD
Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellow
Medical School: Kasturba Medical College Mangalore, Karnataka, India
Residency: St. Barnabas Hospital affiliated with Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
Fellowship: Creighton University, Omaha, NE(Cardiology)
Research interests: Arrhythmia Monitoring, Device Programming, Ablation
- Madhav Lavu, Susheel Gundewar and David J.Lefer - Gene Therapy for Ischemic Heart Disease - Journal of Cellular and Molecular Cardiology. 2011 May;50 (5):742-50. Epub 2010 Jun 26.
- Madhav Lavu, Shashi Bhushan, David J.Lefer - Hydrogen Sulfide-Mediated Cardioprotection: Mechanisms and Therapeutic Potential - Clin Sci (Lond). 2010 Dec 3;120 (6):219-2.
- Radhika H. Muzumdar, Derek M. Huffman, John W. Calvert, Saurabh Jha, Yoni Weinberg, Lingguang Cui, Anjana Nemkal, Gil Atzmon, Susheel Gundewar, Sang Yong Ji, Madhav Lavu, Benjamin L. Predmore, David J. Lefer - Acute Humanin Therapy Attenuates Myocardial Ischemia and Reperfusion Injury in Mice - Atherosclerosis Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology 2010 Oct;30(10):1940-8. Epub 2010 Jul 22.
- Aragón JP, Condit ME, Bhushan S, Predmore BL, Patel SS, Grinsfelder DB, Gundewar S, Jha S, Calvert JW, Barouch LA, Lavu M, Wright HM, Lefer DJ - Beta3-adrenoreceptor stimulation ameliorates myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury via endothelial nitric oxide synthase and neuronal nitric oxide synthase activation - J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011 Dec 13;58 (25):2683-91.
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure for Stroke Prevention : Devices, Techniques, and Efficacy. Sandia Iskandar, James Vacek, Madhav Lavu, Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy. Cardiology Clinics Volume 34, Issue 2, May 2016, Pages 329-351.
- Left Atrial Appendage Closure for Stroke Prevention is Safe and Effective in Selected Patients with Atrial Fibrillation. Sandia Iskandar, Muhammad R. Afzal, Madhav Lavu, Madhu Reddy, and Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy MD. The Journal of Innovations in Cardiac Rhythm Management. June 2016.
- Catheter Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation in Patients with Watchman® Left Atrial Appendage Occlusion Device: Results from a Multicenter Registry. Turagam MK, Lavu M, Afzal MR, Vuddanda V, Jazayeri MA, Parikh V, Atkins D,Bommana S, DI Biase L, Horton R, Bai R, Swarup V, Cheng J, Natale A, Lakkireddy D. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2016 Dec 12. doi: 10.1111/jce.13148. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 27943538
Abstracts and Posters:
- Shashi Bhushan, Benjamin L Predmore, Marah Elston, Juan Pablo Aragon, Madhav Lavu, Saurabh Jha, Susheel Gundewar, David Lefer. Adjudicated to be among Top 10 Abstracts for this meeting: Genetic Deficiency of Cystathionine Gamma-Lyase Exacerbates Myocardial Reperfusion Injury and Is Rescued by Exogenous Hydrogen Sulfide - CRT Meeting Feb 28, 2011 Washington DC. Published in Cardiovascular Revascularization Medicine Volume 12, Issue 3, Page 193, May 2011.
- Juan Pablo Aragón; Marah Elston; D. Bennett Grinsfelder; Madhav Lavu; John W Calvert; Harold M Wright; Lili A Barouch; David J Lefer. Role of eNOS and nNOS in Beta3-Adrenergic Receptor Mediated Cardioprotection -AHA Scientific Sessions 2010. Published in Circulation 2010;122:A12052.
- Shashi Bhushan; Benjamin L Predmore; Madhav Lavu; R D Rudic; David J Lefer. Genetic Deletion of Circadian Clock Gene Reduces the Extent of Myocardial Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury - AHA Scientific Sessions 2011. Published in Circulation 2011; 124: A17186.
- Shashi Bhushan, Marah Elston, Juan Pablo Aragon, Madhav Lavu, John W Calvert, Benjamin Predmore, Kazuhisa Kondo, David Lefer. Sodium nitrite therapy fails to attenuate the severity of ischemia-induced heart failure -Nitrite meeting 2011. Published in Nitric Oxide; DOI: 10.1016/j.niox.2011.03.293.
- Benjamin Predmore, Juan Pablo Aragon, Sandeep Patel, Bennett Grinsfelder, Susheel Gundewar, Saurabh Jha, Marah Elston, John Calvert, Lili Barouch, Madhav Lavu, Harold Wright, Sashi Bhushan, David Lefer. Stimulation of the beta 3-adrenergic receptor protects against myocardial ischemia-reperfusion injury by increasing cardiac nitrite levels. Nitric Oxide Volume 24, Supplement, May 2011, Pages S23.
- Madhav Lavu, Ajay Kaja, Arun Kanmantha Reddy, Ravi Thimmisetty, Vimalkumar Veerappan Kandasamy, Claire Hunter, Aryan Mooss, Venkata Alla. Ventricular Arrhythmias in Hospitalized HFpEF Patients. ACC 2015 San Diego, CA. Published in JACC March 17, 2015. Volume 65, Issue 10S. DOI: 10.1016/S0735-1097(15)60409-0
- Madhu Reddy, Jayasree Pillarisetti, Sandia Iskandar, Moustapha Atoui, Madhav Lavu, Donita Atkins, Sudharani Bommana, Rhea Pimentel, Loren Berenbom, Raghuveer Dendi, Martin Emert, Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy. Real-World Practice Patterns of Dofetilide and Sotalol Utilization for Atrial Fibrillation: A Multi-National Survey. ACC 2016 Chicago, IL.
- Madhu Reddy, Moustapha Atoui, Rajarajeswari Swarna, Mamatha Vodapally, Maruthsakhi Molugu, Quratulain Javed, Anirudh Gone, Karthik Gangu, Ravali Neerumalla, Sudharani Bommana, Sandia Iskandar, Mohit Turagam, Madhav Lavu, Donita Atkins, Luigi Di Biase, Andrea Natale, Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy.Temporal Relationship Between Episodes of Atrial Fibrillation and Incident Stroke in Patients with an Implantable Cardiac Device. ACC 2016 Chicago, IL
- Madhu Reddy, Moustapha Atoui, Mohit Turagam, sandia iskandar, Madhav Lavu, Donita Atkins, Sudharani Bommana, Rhea Pimentel, Raghuveer Dendi, Martin Emert, Loren Berenbom, Luca Santini, Giovanni Forleo, Luigi Di Biase, Andrea Natale, Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy.Externalization of Conductor Cables in QuickSite and QuickFlex Left Ventricular Leads. ACC 2016 Chicago, IL.
- Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy MD, Mohammad Afzal MD, Rakesh Gopinathannair MD, Madhav Lavu MD, Arun Kanmanthareddy MD, Jayasree Pillarisetti MD, Madhu Reddy MD, Donita Atkins BSN, Sudharani Bommana MS, Melissa Jaeger BSN, Jie Cheng MD, Adi Rasekh MD, Luigi DiBiase MD, Andrea Natale MD. Replacing warfarin with a novel oral anticoagulant-risk of recurrent bleeding and stroke in patients with warfarin intolerance or failure in patients with atrial fibrillation (The ROAR study). Heart Rhythm. 2016;13(5): S128.
- Sandia Iskandar MD, Madhav Lavu MD, Mohammad Afzal MD, Moustapha Atoui MD, Madhu Reddy MD, Donita Atkins BSN, Sudharani Bommana MD, Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy MD. Temporal trends in QTC interval changes during inpatient dofetilide loading-a multicenter study. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13(5): S424.
- Sandia Iskandar MD, Madhav Lavu MD, Moustapha Atoui MD, Mohammad Afzal MD, Sudharani Bommana MS, Donita Atkins BSN, Mamatha Vodapally MBBS, Ravali Neerumalla MBBS, Maruthsakhi Molugu MBBS, Karthik Gangu MBBS, Anirudh Gone MBBS, Madhu Reddy M, Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy MD. Impact of premature atrial complexes on the incidence of atrial fibrillation post typical atypical flutter ablation. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13(5): S485.
- Mohit Turagam, Sandia Iskandar, Madhav Lavu, Donita Atkins, Sudharani Bommana, Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy and Madhu Reddy. A Meta-analysis of Substrate Modification versus Clinical Ventricular Tachycardia Ablation in Structural Heart Disease. AHA 2016 New Orleans, LA. Circulation. 2016;134:A15975.
- Mohit Turagam, Poonam Velagapudi, Madhav Lavu, Sandia Iskandar, Donita Atkins, Sudharani Bommana, Luigi Di Biase, Andrea Natale, Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy and Madhu Reddy.Oral Anticoagulation Therapy After Radiofrequency Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation and the Risk of Thromboembolism and Serious Bleeding: A Meta-analysis. AHA 2016 New Orleans, LA. Circulation. 2016;134:A15702.
- Mohit Turagam, Poonam Velagapudi, Madhav Lavu, Sandia Iskandar, Donita Atkins, Luigi Di Biase, Andrea Natale, Madhu Reddy and Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy. A Meta-analysis of Catheter Ablation versus Medical Therapy in Ventricular Tachycardia. AHA 2016 New Orleans, LA. Circulation. 2016;134:A15765
- Moustapha Atoui, Donita Atkins, Madhav Lavu, Rizwan Afzal, Sandia Iskandar, Sudharani Bommana, Luigi DiBiase, Kalyanam Shivkumar. MD, Jared Bunch, Sanghamitra Mohanty, Carola Gianni, Andrea Natale, Raghuveer Dendi, Madhu Reddy and Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy. Left Persistent Superior Vena Cava as an Arrhythmogenic Source in Atrial Fibrillation, A Large Multicenter Observational Study. AHA 2016 New Orleans, LA. Circulation. 2016;134:A16255
- Sandia Iskandar, Madhav Lavu, Moustapha Atoui, Mamatha Vodapally, Ravali Neerumalla, Maruthsakhi Molugu, RajaRajeswari Swarna, Quratulain Javed, Karthik Gangu, Anirudh Gone, Donita Atkins, Sudharani Bommana, Raghuveer Dendi, Rhea Pimentel, Loren Berenbom, Martin Emert, Madhu Reddy and Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy. Inappropriate Transmissions With Reveal LinQ Wireless Implantable Loop Recorder. AHA 2016 New Orleans, LA. Circulation. 2016;134:A16090
- Sandia Iskandar, Madhu Reddy, Madhav Lavu, Moustapha Atoui, Mamatha Vodapally, Ravali Neerumalla, Maruthsakhi Molugu, RajaRajeswari Swarna, Quratulain Javed, Karthik Gangu, Anirudh Gone, Shannon Becker, Donita Atkins, Sudharani Bommana, Rhea Pimentel, Loren Berenbom, Raghuveer Dendi, Martin Emert, Luigi Di Biase, Andrea Natale and Dhanunjaya Lakkireddy. Real World Experience With Medtronic Reveal LINQ. Circulation. AHA 2016 New Orleans, LA. Circulation 2016;134:A16029
- Madhav Lavu, Susheel Gundewar and David Lefer - Chapter Title: Role of Nitrite in Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury. Book Title: Nitrite and Nitrate in Human Health and Disease 1st Edition 2011, 346 p. 29 illus., ISBN: 978-1-60761-615-3).
Valay Parikh, MD
Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Fellow
Medical School: Smt.NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad, India
Residency: Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY
Fellowship: Staten Island University Hospital, Staten Island, NY(Cardiology)
Research interests: Ventricular Tachycardia, Left Atrial Appendage Closure, Atrial Fibrillation, Arrhythmia Mapping.
Ongoing Research Projects:
- Same Day Discharge after Cryoballoon Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation is Safe: a Multi-Center Experience.Role: Principal Investigator. Status: Manuscript in process.
- Is 'Figure-of-8' Suture Technique Safe for Venous Hemostasis for Cryoballoon Ablation without Reversing Heparin Effect? Role: Principal Investigator. Status: Manuscript in process. ·
- Evaluation of the Recordings of Diaphragmatic Compound Motor Action Potential During Cryoballoon Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation in Preventing Phrenic Nerve Injury- A multicenter cryoconsortium study. Role: Site sub-Investigator. Status: Data collection.
- Parikh V, Motivala A, Dai D, Roe M, Abbott J, Prasad A, Mukherjee D. Predictors, trends and outcomes of β-blocker prescriptions at discharge in patients with stable angina without prior history of Myocardial Infarction or Systolic Heart Failure undergoing elective PCI: Insights from the NCDR registry. Accepted for JACC Interventions; To be published in Aug 2016. ·
- Parikh V, Agnihotri K, Kadavath S, Patel NJ, Abbott JD. Clinical Application of Fractional Flow Reserve-Guided Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for Stable Coronary Artery Disease. Curr Cardiol Rep. 2016 Mar;18(4):32. ·
- Patel NJ, Edla S, Deshmukh A, Nalluri N, Patel N, Agnihotri K, Patel A, Savani C, Patel N, Bhimani R, Thakkar B, Arora S, Asti D, Badheka AO, Parikh V, Mitrani RD, Noseworthy P, Paydak H, Viles-Gonzalez J, Friedman PA, Kowalski M. Gender, Racial, and Health Insurance Differences in the Trend of Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD) Utilization: A United States Experience Over the Last Decade. Clin Cardiol. 2016 Jan 22. doi: 10.1002/clc.22496.
- Parikh V, Kowalski M. Comparison of Phrenic Nerve Injury during Atrial Fibrillation Ablation between Different Modalities, Pathophysiology and Management. Journal of Atrial Fibrillation. 2016 January. ·
- Parikh V, Agarwal V, Rijal J, Chainani V, Bekheit S, Kowalski M. The rate of complications associated with concomitant use of dabigatran with cryoballoon ablation for atrial fibrillation. Journal of Atrial Fibrillation. 2014 June. ·
- Patel N, Deshmukh A, Pant S, Singh V, Patel N, Arora S, Shah N, Chothani A, Savani G, Mehta K, Parikh V, Rathod A, Badheka A, Lafferty J, Kowalski M, Mehta J, Mitrani R, Viles-Gonzalez J, Paydak H. Contemporary Trends of Hospitalization for Atrial Fibrillation in the United States, 2000 through 2010: Implications for Healthcare Planning. Circulation. 2014 May. Doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.114.008201. PMID: 24842943. ·
- Agarwal V, Parikh V, Otterbeck PE, Lafferty J. Myxedema Coma Induced by Short-term Amiodarone Therapy. Am J Med Sci. 2014 Mar;347(3):258-9. doi:10.1097/MAJ.0000000000000241. PMID: 24521765. ·
- Shah N, Parikh V, Patel N, Patel N, Badheka A, Deshmukh A, Rathod A, Lafferty J. Neutrophil lymphocyte ratio significantly improves the Framingham risk score in prediction of coronary heart disease mortality: insights from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey-III. Int J Cardiol. 2014 Feb 15;171 (3):390-7. doi: 10.1016/j.ijcard.2013.12.019. Epub 2013 Dec 23. PMID: 24388541. ·
- Lakhani M, Saiful F, Parikh V, Goyal N, Bekheit S, Kowalski M. Recordings of diaphragmatic electromyograms during cryoballoon ablation for atrial fibrillation accurately predict phrenic nerve injury. Heart Rhythm. 2014 Mar;11(3):369-74. doi: 10.1016/j.hrthm.2013.11.015. Epub 2013 Nov 16. PMID: 24252287 ·
- Parikh V, Barsoum EA, Morcus R, Azab B, Lafferty J, Kohn J. Unique presentation of Twiddler's syndrome. World J Cardiol. 2013 Jun 26;5(6):207-9. doi: 10.4330/wjc.v5.i6.207. PMID: 23802049. ·
- Kowalski M, Parikh V. Role of the new target specific oral anticoagulants in the management of anticoagulation for cardioversion and atrial fibrillation ablation. J Thromb Thrombolysis. 2013 Aug;36(2):175-86. doi:10.1007/s11239-013-0915-y. PMID: 23605999. ·
- Bibawy JN, Parikh V, Wahba J, Barsoum EA, Lafferty J, Kowalski M, Bekheit S. Pantoprazole (proton pump inhibitor) contributing to Torsades de Pointes storm. Circ Arrhythm Electrophysiol. 2013 Apr;6(2):e17-9. doi: 10.1161/CIRCEP.112.000101. PMID: 23592872. ·
- Parikh V, Shariff MA, Saiful FB, Rizvi SB, Goyal N, Asgarian KT, McGinn JT Jr, Snyder T, Singh VA. CASE REPORT Anomalies Associated With Congenitally Corrected Transposition of Great Arteries: Expect the Unexpected. Eplasty. 2013;13:e6. Epub 2013 Jan 24. PMID: 23409204. ·
- De C, Phookan J, Parikh V, Nagrani T, Lakhani M, Forte F, Lafferty J. Decitabine induced transient cardiomyopathy: a case report. Clin Med Insights Oncol. 2012;6:325-9. doi: 10.4137/CMO.S8598. Epub 2012 Oct 3. PMID: 23071426. ·
- Shah N, Parikh V, Mobarakai N. Unusual Presentation of Lemierre Syndrome: A Case Report. Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice, March 2013. ·
- Lucas BP, Candotti C, Margeta B, Mba B, Kumapley R, Asmar A, Franco-Sadud R, Baru J, Jacob C, Borkowsky S, Evans AT.(Data Collection).Contributions to peer-reviewed clinical research publications, participation cited but not by authorship: Hand-carried Echocardiography by Hospitalists: A Randomized Trial. Am J Med. 2011 Aug;124(8):766-74.
Oral and Poster Presentations:
- Parikh V, Motivala A, Roe M, Dai D, Abbott J, Prasad A, Mukherjee D. Outcomes and Predictors of β-blockers Prescriptions at Discharge in Patients With Stable Angina Without Prior History of Myocardial Infarction or Systolic Heart Failure Undergoing Elective PCI: Results From the NCDR Cath-PCI Registry. Accepted for American Heart Association (AHA), Nov 2014.
- Patel N, Nalluri N, Deshmukh A, Pant S, Parikh V, Chothani A, Mehta K, Shah N, Savani G, Singh V, Grover P, Patel N, Rathod A, Arora S, Badheka A, Paydak H, Viles-Gonzalez J and Kowalski M.: Gender and Health Insurance Disparities in the Use of Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator Therapy: A United States Experience over last decade. Heart Rhythm Society(HRS), May 2014. ·
- Gaddam S, Nagrani T, Parikh V, Azab B, Popalzai M, McCord D, McGinn J, Lafferty J : Bypass Surgery Complicated by Heparin Induced Thrombocytopenia and Recurrent Stent Thrombosis Requiring Bypass Graft Surgery of the Stented Artery. American College of Cardiology 60th Annual Scientific Session and Innovation in Intervention: i2 Summit (ACC), Apr 2011.
- Parikh V, Pandya B, Agarwal V, Khan A, Kenigsberg D, O'Neill G, Kowalski M, Aryana A. Same Day Discharge after Cryoballoon Ablation for Atrial Fibrillation is Safe: a Multi-Center Experience. Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), May 2016. ·
- Moradiya Y, Murthy S, Parikh V, Modi S, Naval N. Incidence and Predictors of Recurrent 30-Day Readmissions after Hospitalization for Heart Failure, Myocardial Infarction and Pneumonia. American Heart Association (AHA) Quality of Care and Outcomes Research 2015 Scientific Sessions. May 2015. ·
- Parikh V, Agarwal V, Torbey E, Bekheit S, Koneru J, Ellenbogen K, Kowalski M. Compound Diaphragmatic Action Potentials Can Prevent Phrenic Nerve Injury During Cryoballoon Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation. Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), May 2014. ·
- Torbey E, Parikh V, Agarwal V, Bekheit S, Kowalski M. Treatment of Long Persistent Atrial Fibrillation by Single Cryoballoon Ablation of the Pulmonary Veins, LA Roof Line and Ablation of Left Lateral Ridge From Within the Appendage. Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), May 2014. ·
- Patel N, Deshmukh A, Pant S, Parikh V, Chothani A, Mehta K, Shah N, Singh V, Grover P, Savani G, Patel N, Panaich S, Arora S, Rathod A, Badheka A, Coffey J, Maskoun W, Paydak H, Kowalski M and Viles-Gonzalez J.: Trends in Intracardiac Echocardiography Utilization During Atrial Fibrillation Ablation and its Impact on Safety Outcomes. Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), May 2014. ·
- Patel N, Nalluri N, Deshmukh A, Pant S, Parikh V, Chothani A, Mehta K, Shah N, Savani G, Singh V, Grover P, Patel N, Rathod A, Arora S, Badheka A, Paydak H, Viles-Gonzalez J , Kowalski M.: Gender and Health Insurance Disparities in the Use of Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator Therapy: A United States Experience over last decade. Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), May 2014. ·
- Gaddam S, Nalluri N, Parikh V, Bhat T, Tamburrino F, Mccord D. Biodegradable polymer drug eluting stents vs. first generation drug eluting stents: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. SCAI Scientific Sessions May 2014. ·
- Parikh V, Agarwal V, Bachlani G, Chen E, Torbey E, Sullivan E, Bekheit S, Kowalski M. Does pre-procedural Dabigatran escalate the need of higher heparin dosage during atrial fibrillation ablation procedure? Boston AF symposium, Jan 2014. ·
- Parikh V, Patel N, Savani G, Bhalara V, Patel NJ, Chothani A, Shah N, Sullivan E, Mehta K, Singh V, Deshmukh A, Rathod A, Badheka AO, Kowalski M, Mitrani RD, Viles-Gonzalez J. Implication Of Obesity On Length Of Stay And Cost In Atrial Fibrillation Patients- An Objective Evidence. American Heart Association (AHA), Nov 2013. ·
- Parikh V, Agarwal V, Pandya B, Schwartz L, Shah N, Bekheit S, Kowalski M. Does pre-procedural Dabigatran escalate the need of higher heparin dosage during atrial fibrillation ablation procedure? Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), May 2013. ·
- Shah N, Patel N, Grover P, Chothani A, Mehta K, Deshmukh A, Singh V, Rathod A, Paydak H, Parikh V, Savani G, Marzouka G, Kowalski M, Badheka AO, Mitrani RD, Viles-Gonzalez, J. Patients with Atrial Fibrillation and Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Have Significantly Increased Mortality When Treated With Rhythm Control Strategy: a post-hoc analysis from AFFIRM trial. Heart Rhythm Society (HRS), May 2013. ·
- Patel N, Shah N, Grover P, Singh V, Marzouka G, Parikh V, Deshmukh A, Rathod A, Badheka A, Lafferty J, Mehta J, Mitrani RD. Optimal Blood Pressure in Patients with Atrial Fibrillation. American College of Cardiology (ACC), March 2013. ·
- Shah N, Patel N, Rathod A, Badheka A, Deshmukh A, Asti D, Parikh V, Lafferty J. Reclassification of cardiovascular risk in National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) III cohort using neutrophil lymphocyte ratio. American College of Cardiology (ACC), March 2013. ·
- Roland N, Parikh V, Pompa T, Khan S, Adedayo A. Pasteurella: Think beyond the bite. American Medical Association (AMA), Nov 2012. ·
- Shah N, Parikh V, Mobarakai M. A 'forgotten' case of sepsis and pneumonia in a 30 year old male. Society of General Internal Medicine (SGIM) conference, May 2012.
- Parikh V, Modi S, Moradiya Y.: Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy in Cerebrovascular Diseases: Effect on Outcomes and Resource Utilization. Annual AMA Medical Student Section and Resident and Fellow Section Research Symposium, Nov 2011.
- Parikh V, Jaeger M, Atkins D. The 4th International Symposium on Left Atrial Appendage: Updates in the Science of the Left Atrial Appendage. EP Lab Digest, June 2016
- Parikh V, Bekheit S. Highlights from 9th Annual Electrophysiology Symposium at Staten Island University Hospital. EP Lab Digest, March 2014.
- Parikh V, Torbey E, Kowalski M, Wohler A. Advancing EP Services with a Closed-Chest Hybrid Approach for AF Ablation: Experience at The Heart Institute at Staten Island Hospital. EP Lab Digest, February 2015.
Ali Jazayeri, MD
Cardiac Arrhythmia Fellow
Medical School: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
Residency: Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
Research Interests: Atrial fibrillation management, Left atrial appendage closure, Cardiac resynchronization therapy, Bedside ultrasonography
- Jazayeri MA, Melling D, Calcaterra D, Shroff GR. A case of papillary fibroelastoma: when bad things come in small packages. Minn Med. 2016 (In press).
- Jazayeri MA, Karim RM. What's in a name? Utilization of the innominate vein for pacemaker lead placement in the setting of persistent left superior vena cava. Arrhythmia Grand Rounds. 2016 (In press).
- Aggarwal A, Jazayeri MA, Garg S. Intractable nausea and vomiting: just scratching the surface. Am J Med. 2015;128(11):e3‐5. doi: 10.1016/j.amjmed.2015.06.022. Epub 2015 Jul 11.
- Quirk BJ, Sonowal P, Jazayeri MA, Baker JE, and Whelan HT. Cardioprotection from ischemiareperfusion injury by near‐infrared light in rats. Photomed Laser Surg. 2014;32(9):505‐11. doi:10.1089/pho.2014.3743. Epub 2014 Aug 5.
- Jazayeri MA, Jensen JN, and Lew SM. Craniosynostosis following hemispherectomy in a 2.5‐month‐old boy with intractable epilepsy. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2011 Nov, 8(5):450-4.doi:10.3171/2011.8.PEDS11176.
Abstracts and Posters:
- Jazayeri MA, Rausch DJ. A curious case of nosebleeds in the night‐time: profound iron deficiency anemia and Plummer‐Vinson syndrome secondary to hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia. In:Abstracts from the 2016 Society of General Internal Medicine Annual Meeting. J Gen Intern Med.2016;31(Supplement 2):S503. doi:10.1007/s11606‐016‐3657‐7
- Kurpad SN, Schmit BD, Jirjis MB, Jazayeri MA, Ulmer JL. Diffusion tensor MR imaging in rats with varying spinal contusion severity. In: Abstracts of the 2011 Meeting of the AANS/CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves. Neurosurg Focus. 2011;30(3):A19. doi:10.3171/2011.2.FOC‐SpinePeriphSectionabstracts.
- Jazayeri MA, Rausch DJ. A curious case of nosebleeds in the night‐time: profound iron deficiency anemia and Plummer‐Vinson syndrome secondary to hereditary emorrhagic telangiectasia.Society of General Internal Medicine Annual Meeting, Hollywood, FL, oral podium presentation,May 2016.
- Jazayeri MA, Miranda D, Sandoval Y. Acute left ventricular dysfunction in the setting of chest pain:the emerging role of immediate bedside ultrasound to triage patients with chest pain. American Medical Association Research Symposium, Atlanta, GA, oral podium presentation, November 2015.
- Kurpad SN, Schmit BD, Jirjis MB, Jazayeri MA, Ulmer JL. Diffusion tensor MR imaging in rats with varying spinal contusion severity. AANS/CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves Annual Meeting, Phoenix, AZ, oral poster presentation, March 2011.
- Jazayeri MA, Jazayeri MR. Case studies of challenging ECGs. In: ECG Masters' Collection:International Edition. Shenasa M, Josephson M, Estes NA, Amsterdam E, Scheinman M, eds.Minneapolis, MN: Cardiotext Publishing; 2016 (In press).
- Jazayeri MR, Keelan ET, Jazayeri MA. Atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia: current understanding and controversies. In: Cardiac Mapping, 4th Edition. Shenasa M, Hindricks G,Borggrefe M, Breithardt G, Josephseon ME, eds. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley‐Blackwell Publishing; 2012.
Venkat Vuddanda, MD
Cardiac Arrhythmia Fellow
Medical School: Sri Venkateswara Medical College, Tirupati, India
Residency: Westchester Medical Center, Valhalla, NY
- Paul N, Vuddanda V, Mujib M, and Aronow W S. 2016. "Advances in our understanding of the influence of gender on patient outcomes in peripheral Arterial Disease CoOccurring with Diabetes." Expert Review of Endocrinology & Metabolism 11 (3): 271-79.
- Vuddanda V, Goyal A, Mujib M, et al. Low platelet count and fatal myocardial infarction:A population based analysis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015; 65(10_S).
- Sogunuru G, Vuddanda K. Listening to syncope. Int J Emerg Med. 2009 Jun; 2(2):125126. PMID: 20157457.
- Sogunuru G, Murty D.S, Vuddanda K , et al. Cardiac hydatidosis presenting as an acute coronary syndrome. BMJ Case Rep. 2010 Jul 15; 2010. PMID: 22752832.
- Gupta N, Vuddanda V. Worsening of pulmonary hypertension after non target embolization done for the hepatocellular carcinoma.(Submitted to ACG case reports pending decision).