Thomas Rosamond, MD, FACC, FAHA
Associate Professor of Medicine - Cardiology
Director, Nuclear Cardiology
Medical School, University of Missouri-Columbia, Columbia Missouri
Residency, University of Minnesota Hospitals, Minneapolis Minnesota
Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Missouri (Cardiology, Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Advanced Imaging Techniques
- Cardiac CT
- Cardiac MRI
- Nuclear Cardiology
- A project to maintain a database of all computed tomographic angiography cases for research purposes. Original research project.
- Pillarisetti J, Rosamond T, Lakkireddy D. Pulmonary vein stents or stenosis: why acquisition phase matters during computer tomography. Europace. 2009 Jul;11(7):916. Epub 2009 Apr 9.
- Emert M, Rosamond T, Fahmy T, Patel D, Di Biase L, Schweikert R, Burkhardt D, Natale A. Intracardiac echo guided radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation in patients with atrial septal defect (ASD) or patent foramen ovale (PFO) repair: a feasibility, safety and efficacy study. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2008 Nov;19(11):1137-42. Epub 2008 Jul 25.
- Biria M, Feldkamp M, Lakkireddy D, Rosamond T, Wetzel L. Transesophageal echocardiography for detection of left atrial appendage thrombi: is it good enough? Journal of Atrial Fibrillation. Online publication 5/16/08: 10.4022/jafib.v1i1.418.
- Rosamond T, Wetzel L, Lakkireddy D, Ferrell R, Tadros P. Intra-cameral right coronary artery: detection by coronary CT and implications for ablation of atrial dysrhythmias. Pacing Clin Electrophysiol. 2007;30(12):1571-1576.
Selected Abstracts Presented at National Meetings
- Sheldon S, Tadros P, Jones C, Rosamond T, Wiley M. Coronary Artery Dominance: Correlation With False Positive Regional Myocardial Perfusion Abnormalities. Presented at the 2008 Midwestern Section of the American Federation for Medical Research Annual Meeting, April 24-25 2008, Chicago Illinois.
- Biria M, Pillarisetti J, Annapureddy C, Baryun E, Newton D, Kreighbaum K, Murray C, Staley J, Berenbom L, Pimentel R, Vanga S, Vacek J, Emert M, Nath J, Rosamond T, Raxwal V, Mulhern K, Gupta K, Verma A, Lakkireddy D. Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy Alters Progression of Diastolic Dysfunction. Presented at the 2008 Heart Rhythm Society Annual Meeting, May 14-17 2008, San Francisco California.
- Nath J, Lakkireddy D, Mulhern K, Rosamond T, Vacek J, Wilson D. Gender and Severity of Left Atrial Enlargement Predict Long-Term Survival. Presented at the 2008 Heart Rhythm Society Annual Meeting, May 14-17 2008, San Francisco California.
- Baryun E, Biria M, Berenbom L, Mulhern K, Rosamond T, Pimentel R, Emert M, Ray W, Lakkireddy D. Remote Magnetic Navigation and Ablation of Intra-atrial Reentrant Tachycardia Via a Retrograde Approach in a Patients with Post Mustard D-TGA. Presented at the 2008 Heart Rhythm Society Annual Meeting, May 14-17 2008, San Francisco California.
- Simmons A, Rosamond T, Nath J, Lakkireddy D, Wetzel L, Vacek J, Pimentel R, Emert E, Berenbom L, Biria M. 64 slice Cardiac CTA in the Diagnosis of Left Atrial Appendage Thrombus: Comparison to Transesophageal Echocardiography. Presented at the 14th World Congress on Heart Disease - International Academy of Cardiology Annual Scientific Sessions 2008, July 26-29 2008, Toronto Ontario, Canada.
- Lakkireddy D, Pillarisetti J, Verma A, Pimentel R, Vanga S, Rajoli S, Berenbom L, Emert M, Dendi R, Rosamond T. Impact of Common Pulmonary Veins (CPV) on the Short Term Outcomes of Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation (AF). Presented at the 2009 Heart Rhythm Society Annual Meeting, May 13-16 2009, Boston Massachusetts.
- Vanga S, Pillarisetti J, Guda R, Feldkamp M, Rosamond T, Vacek JL, Dawn B, Lakkireddy D. Left Atrial Appendage Far Field Potentials Mimicking Left Superior Pulmonary Vein Potentials After Pulmonary Vein Isolation: Does Proximity Matter? Presented at the 59th Annual ACC Scientific Sessions 2010, March 14-16 2010, Atlanta Georgia.
- Steffen K, Usherenko I, Newman S, Feldkamp M, Wetzel L, Rosamond T. Atrial Fibrillation Ablation: Long Term Follow-up in Patients Studied with 64 Slice Cardiac Computed Tomographic Angiography (CTA). Presented at the European Society of Cardiology Congress 2010, August 28 - September 1 2010, Stockholm Sweden.
- Steffen K, Bernd K, Newman S, Usherenko I, Wetzel L, Rosamond T. Left Atrial Appendage and Left Atrial Volumes in Patients with Normal Sinus Rhythm and Recurrent Atrial Fibrillation by 64 Slice Computed Tomography. Presented at the European Society of Cardiology Congress 2010, August 28 - September 1 2010, Stockholm Sweden.
Feb 24, 2012