Randall E. Genton, MD, FACC
Associate Professor of Medicine - Cardiology
Medical School, McMaster University, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Residency, McMaster University Medical Center, Hamilton Ontario, Canada
Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis Missouri (Cardiology)
- Cardiac Transplant
- Consultative Cardiology
- Heart Failure
- Interventional Cardiology
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Manuscripts & Abstracts
- Dusan A. Stanojevic; Prasad Gunasekaran; Micah Levine; Mark Reichuber; Randall Genton; Ashwani Mehta; Matthew Earnest; Mark Wiley; Peter Tadros; Buddhadeb Dawn; Kamal Gupta. Intravenous adenosine infusion is safe and well tolerated during coronary fractional flow reserve assessment in severe aortic stenosis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;65(10_S):. doi:10.1016/S0735-1097(15)61931-3.
- Pillarisetti J, Patel P, Duthuluru S, Roberts J, Chen W, Genton R, Wiley M, Candipan R, Tadros P, Gupta K. "Cardiac catheterization in patients with end-stage liver disease: safety and Outcomes". Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2010 Apr 15. [Epub ahead of print].
- Biria M, Pillarisetti J, Annapureddy C, Baryun E, Newton D, Kreighbaum K, Murray C, Staley J, Berenbom L, Pimentel R, Vanga S, Vacek J, Emert M, Porter C, Genton R, Nath J, Gupta K, Lakkireddy D. The Impact of Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy on Kansas City Cardiomyopathy Questionnaire (KCCQ) Score in Patients with Congestive Heart Failure 14th World Congress on Heart Disease - International Academy of Cardiology Annual Scientific Sessions 2008.
- Nath J, Heidenreich M, Raxwal V, Mulhern K, Genton R, Vacek J, Wilson D. Gender and Severity of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy Predict Long-term Survival. ACC Annual Scientific Sessions 2007.
- Borkon AM, Muehlebach GF, Jones PG, Bresnahan DR, Genton RE, Gorton ME, Long ND, Magalski A, Porter CB, Reed WA, Rowe SK. An Analysis of the Effect of Age on Survival After Heart Transplant. Journal of Heart & Lung Transplantation 18 (7): 668-74, July, 1999.
- Borkon A, Muehlebach G, Bresnahan D, Genton R, Gorton M, Long N, Magalski A, Porter C, Reed W, Russell E, Rowe S. Is advanced age a risk factor for survival following cardiac transplantation? Submitted to the International Society for Heart And Lung Transplantation 17th Annual Meeting and Scientific Session, 1997.
- Vemuri D, Vacek J, Rowe S, Porter C, Genton R, Rosamond T, Kramer P, Crouse L, Beauchamp G. Acute outcome and long-term follow-up of elderly patients with non-Q-wave myocardial infarction treated with coronary angioplasty. Presented at the American College of Cardiology 42nd Annual Scientific Session, 1993.
- McSweyn, DJ, Vacek JL, Robuck OW, Berenbom, LB, Porter CB, Kramer PH, Genton RE, Rowe, SK, Beauchamp, GD. The use of percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty in myocardial infarction. Texas Heart Institute Journal 8;263-8, 1991.
- Pulley DD, Kirvassilis GV, Kelermenos N, Kater K, Barzilai B, Genton RE, Efstathiou C, Lappas DG. Regional and Global Myocardial Circulatory and Metabolic Effects of Isoflurane and Halothane in Patients with Steal-Prone Coronary Anatomy. Anesthesiology 75 (5): 756-66, Nov., 1991.
- Beauchamp, GD, Vacek JL, Robuck W, Genton RE, Rowe SK, Kramer PH. The 18KTM balloon angioplasty catheter: a new low-profile device with enhanced operating characteristics. Medtronic, Inc, 1991.
- Genton R, Sobel B. Acute myocardial infarction in perspective in cardiovascular drug therapy. Edited by F. Messerli, W.B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia. 1-8, 1990.
- Egan TM, Genton R, Weiss C, Kanyuck P, Stroble M, Bolman RM. Safety of surgical procedures in cardiac transplant (Tx) patients. Submitted for presentation, International Society for Heart Transplantation, Ninth annual meeting, 1989.
- Pulley D, Barzilai B, Genton R, Lappas D. Comparison of echocardiographic, electrocardiographic, and metabolic indicators of myocardial ischemia. Submitted for presentation, American College of Cardiology, 1989.
- Lindsay B, Genton R, Cassidy D, Cain M. Incidence of inducible sustained ventricular arrhythmias in patients awaiting cardiac transplantation. Submitted for presentation, American College of Cardiology, 1989.
- Bolman RM III, Cox JL, Marshall W, Kouchoukos N, Spray TL, Cance C, Genton RE, Saffitz J. Circulatory support with a centrifugal pump as a bridge to cardiac transplantation. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 47:108-112, 1989.
- Bolman R, Cance C, Genton R. Early post operative care of the cardiac transplant patient: routine considerations and immunosuppressive therapy. Progress in Cardiovascular Disease.
- Trulock E, Bolman R, Genton R. Pulmonary disease caused by mycobacterium chelonae in a heart-lung transplant recipient with obliterative bronchiolitis. American Review of Respiratory Disease 140:802-805, 1989.
- Cance CG, Genton R, Kanyuck P, Saffitz J, Bolman RM. Selective treatment of allograft rejection in cardiac transplant recipients receiving triple therapy. Submitted for presentation, XII International Congress of the Transplantation Society, 1988.
- Bolman RM, Cance C, Spray T, Genton R, Weiss C, Saffitz J, Eisen H. The changing face of cardiac transplantation. Washington University Program 1985-1987. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 45:192-197, 1988.
- Bolman RM, Cance C, Spray T, Genton RE, Saffitz J, Eisen H. The changing face of cardiac transplantation: Washington University Program 1985-87. Presented at the American Society of Transplant Surgeons, 1987.
- Bolman R, Spray T, Cance C, Saffitz J, Genton R, Eisen H. Heart transplantation in patients requiring preoperative mechanical support. Presented at the International Society of Heart Transplantation, New Orleans, March, 1987.
- Bolman RM, Cance C, Genton RE, Saffitz J. Minimizing infectious complications following cardiac transplantation: The impact of triple therapy. Submitted for presentation to the Southern Thoracic Surgical Association, 1987.
- Vered Z, Mohr G, Wear K, Genton R, Barzilai B, Miller J, Sobel B, Perez J. Reduction of cyclic variation of integrated backscatter: an ultrasonic characteristic of dilated cardiomyopathy. Presented at 60th Scientific Session, American Heart Association, 1987.
- Genton RE, Jaffe AS. Management of congestive heart failure in patients with acute myocardial infarction. Journal of American Medical Association 256:2556-2560, 1986. Translated in Chinese Journal of American Medical Association 1987.
- Genton RE, Sobel BE. Early intervention for interruption of acute myocardial infarction. Modern Concepts in Cardiovascular Disease 56(7):35-41, 1987.
- Genton RE. Cardiovascular Pharmacology, Part II. In: Textbook of Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Am Heart Association, 1987.
- Bolman R, Spray T, Cox J, Kouchoukos N, Cance C, Saffitz J, Genton RE, Eisen H. Heart transplantation in patients requiring preoperative mechanical support. Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation 6(5):273-280, 1987.
- Vered Z, Barzilai B, Mohr GA, Thomas LJ III, Genton R, Sobel BE, Shoup TA, Melton HE, Miller JG, Perez JE. Quantitative ultrasonic tissue characterization with real-time integrated backscatter imaging in normal human subjects and in patients with dilated cardiomyopathy. Circulation 76:1067-1073, 1987.
- Bolman R, Cance C, Spray T, Genton R, Saffitz J, Eisen H. The changing face of heart transplantation in 1986. Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation 5(5):368, 1986.
- Genton RE, Sobel BE. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Lifeline 4:1-2, 1986.
- Genton RE. Clinical management of venous thromboembolism. Medical Grand Rounds 2:210-221, 1983.
May 08, 2015