Please note the following prior to scheduling an appointment:
- Alternative medicine services such as those offered in Integrative Medicine are NOT covered under most traditional health insurance plans, including Medicaid and Medicare.
- Alternative medicine physicians use alphabet codes for services, not the numerical codes used by conventional physicians. These alphabet codes are not usually recognized by insurance companies. This means it is highly unlikely that insurance companies will reimburse for these service. But we suggest that you submit your charge sheet to your insurance for possible reimbursement. We do not file insurance claims on behalf of patients.
- Jeanne Drisko, M.D. is a medical physician. However, her contract with KU Medical Center states that she is a practitioner of alternative medicine and, therefore, must use alternative medicine procedure codes.
- Please know that changing the alternative medicine coding into conventional coding when submitting a claim to an insurance company is considered fraud.
- Physicians and staff cannot answer any insurance coverage questions, cannot become involved in any type of dispute with your insurance company, and cannot write "medical necessity letters".
- Payment of cash, check or credit card is due at time of service.
- Blood work billing is normally run through your insurance and you are responsible for providing the lab with your recent insurance information. You are also responsible for knowing how your plan will cover the costs and what your deductible is.
- Other billing questions can be directed to the KUPI billing department at 913-945-6659.
Feb 27, 2012