Financial Aid and Scholarships
Students in the Department of Health Policy and Management finance their education (see Tuition and Fees) (make this a link) through federal and private loans, assistantships, scholarships, and part-time employment.
The Department of Health Policy and Management offers scholarships, awards and graduate research assistantships and considers all incoming students for selection:
- Avis G. McPike Scholarship
- Foster G. McGaw Award (AUPHA)
- Ray Davis Scholarship (continuing students only)
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANTSHIPS
- Two-three GRA positions offered annually
- Assignment to a Health Policy and Management faculty member;
- Part-time, temporary .4 FTE position (16 hours work commitment per week);
- Salary based on $5,000 per semester, paid through the KUMC payroll system; and
- Non-resident fee waiver for both semesters (GRAs pay in-state rates)
The following organizations offer scholarships for students in the field of health services administration.
American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
- Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship
- Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship (For minority students only)
Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- AHA- Diversified Investment Advisors Leaders in Health Care Scholarship
Kansas Hospital Association (KHA)
- KHERF- Healthcare Scholarship Program
Kansas Medical Group Management Association (KMGMA)
Association of University Programs of Health Administration (AUPHA)
- David A. Winston Health Policy Scholarship Program ( for current MHSA students)
American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)
- Bachrach Family Scholarship for Excellence in Health Care Administration
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Federal Student workstudy positions are available for those who meet the criteria. Please contact the Student Financial Aid Office for more information.
- Both KU Medical Center and KU Hospital post job openings on their respective Human Resources websites. You can link to those sites at http://www.kumc.edu/prospective-employees.html.
Student Financial Aid Office
For more information regarding federal financial aid or student workstudy, please contact the office at http://www.kumc.edu/student-services/student-financial-aid.html ; G035 Dykes Library; (913) 588-5170; email@example.com
Jun 29, 2015