Financial Aid and Scholarships

Students in the Department of Health Policy and Management finance their education (see Tuition and Fees) (make this a link) through federal and private loans, scholarships, and part-time employment.

Departmental Support

The Department of Health Policy and Management offers the following scholarships and awards and considers all incoming students for selection:


New Students

Avis G. McPike Scholarship

(AUPHA) Foster G. McGaw Award


Continuing Students

Ray Davis Scholarship

The fund will be used to provide scholarships for students in the Department of Health Policy and Management and may be awarded on a renewable basis.  Academic merit, commitment to a career in Health Service Administration, and promise as a Health Service Executive will be the criteria upon which the award will be determined.  This award is given to students who have completed at least 28 credit hours in the MHSA program.


External Scholarships

The following organizations offer scholarships for students in the field of health services administration.

American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)

Foster G. McGaw Graduate Student Scholarship

Albert W. Dent Graduate Student Scholarship (For minority students only)"

Institute for Diversity in Health Management

AHA- Diversified Investment Advisors Leaders in Health Care Scholarship


Kansas Hospital Association (KHA)

KHERF- Healthcare Scholarship Program


Kansas Medical Group Management Association (KMGMA)


Association of University Programs of Health Administration (AUPHA)

David  A. Winston Health Policy Scholarship Program ( for current MHSA students)


American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE)

Bachrach Family Scholarship for Excellence in Health Care Administration


Hispanic Scholarship Fund


Campus Employment

Federal Student workstudy positions are available for those who meet the criteria. Please contact the Student Financial Aid Office for more information.

Both KU Medical Center and KU Hospital post job openings on their respective Human Resources websites.  You can link to those sites at

For more information regarding federal financial aid or student workstudy, please  contact the office at ;  3007 Student Center Building; (913) 588-5170;  

Last modified: Feb 03, 2015