Master of Health Services Administration Program Vision, Mission, Values
The University of Kansas Master of Health Services Administration Program improves lives and communities in Kansas and beyond by preparing students to be outstanding health administration professionals and future leaders in the health care sector. To accomplish this mission, the program:
- Recruits students with diverse backgrounds and perspectives, along with the ability to succeed
- Hires, values and respects faculty with varied backgrounds, who are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship and service
- Designs and develops a competency-based curriculum that stresses lifelong learning
- Emphasizes interprofessional education through collaboration with learners and practitioners from multiple disciplines
- Stresses the practical application of knowledge
- Enables graduates to be competitive in the marketplace
As a part of the University of Kansas Medical Center, the Master of Health Services Administration Program will work with our partners to improve health and health services delivery in the Kansas City metropolitan area, the State of Kansas, and the nation.
To further the mission of our department and to advance our commitment to life-long learning, both within and outside the classroom, we espouse the following core values.
Embracing diversity; welcoming new ideas and differing beliefs
Acting in an honest and trustworthy manner; accepting responsibility for our own actions.
Maintaining high standards for our community, vocational, and educational organizations; serving as faithful ambassadors for each.
Advancing the quality of health care and education; working collaboratively to achieve our individual and collective potential; respecting the educational process, the free exchange of ideas, and confidential information.
Recognizing that we are a part of a health-focused profession; responding with compassion to the needs of individuals and communities.
Anticipating and meeting constantly changing needs; guiding the transformation of health care.