Vision, Mission & Values
As a part of the University of Kansas School of Medicine and Medical Center, we will work with our partners to improve health and health services delivery in the Kansas City metropolitan area, the State of Kansas, and the nation.
The University of Kansas Master of Health Services Administration Program prepares managers for a variety of roles in the health care sector. To do so the Program (1) recruits a diverse population of students with the ability to succeed; (2) seeks faculty with varied backgrounds who are committed to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service; (3) organizes the curriculum around a set of competencies that stress life-long learning; (4) emphasizes interprofessional education opportunities with learners and practitioners from multiple disciplines; and (5) stresses the practical application of knowledge. The Program is set in an academic medical center in a major metropolitan area to facilitate interprofessional and experiential learning.
To further the mission of our department and to advance our commitment to life-long learning, both within and outside the classroom, we espouse the following core values.
- Respect: Embracing diversity; welcoming new ideas and differing beliefs.
- Integrity: Acting in an honest and trustworthy manner; accepting responsibility for our own actions.
- Professionalism: Maintaining high standards for our community, vocational, and educational organizations; serving as faithful ambassadors for each.
- Excellence: Advancing the quality of health care and education; working collaboratively to achieve our individual and collective potential; respecting the educational process, the free exchange of ideas, and confidential information.Service: Recognizing that we are a part of a health-focused profession; responding with compassion to the needs of individuals and communities.
- Vision: Anticipating and meeting constantly changing needs; guiding the transformation of health care.