Each year, The University of Kansas Cancer Center (KUCC) hosts its annual Research Symposium as its primary research presentation event. Open to all KUCC members and their lab personnel, this event draws more than 200 researchers from all campuses of the University of Kansas Cancer Center together to present their research to their peers.
The day's events include:
- Seminars given by both external and internal cancer researchers
- Keynote addresses with the latest updates on cancer-specific research topics
- Overview of the KUCC's progress over the past year by center director, Roy Jensen, M.D.
- Poster competitions featuring over 80 posters from all of the Cancer Center programs, with categories for junior faculty, and postdoctoral fellows and/or students. Travel awards are given out for first, second, and third place in each category.
- Winners of the KUCC Fall Pilot Project awards are announced. The highlight of the symposium, these Pilot Projects are competitive in nature and awarded to the top research groups within the KUCC. Each funded project receives $35,000 to support innovative and novel cancer research, with the ultimate goal of attaining federally funded grants from the data obtained.
The next KUCC Research Symposium will be held in November 2015. More information will be posted in early Fall 2015.
For more information, please contact Susan Harp at 913-588-4786, or email@example.com
Nov 19, 2014