Office of Graduate Medical Education (GME)
Graduate Medical Education (GME) prepares physicians for practice in a medical specialty through residency and fellowship educational programs.
The single most important responsibility of the GME is to provide residents and fellows in programs, accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME), with organized educational support, guidance, and supervision for professional and personal growth while also providing appropriate patient care.
GME focuses on the accreditation of residency and fellowship programs and provides oversight for each training program through six competencies: Medical Knowledge, Patient Care, Interpersonal Communication, Practice Based Learning, Systems Based Practice and Professionalism. The GME process is intended to prepare physicians for independent practice of medicine, without direct supervision as well as assisting in the commitment to the lifelong learning process that is critical for maintaining professional growth and competency.
To view our strategic plan click here!
Pictured Above -
- Images from the #MasKUp campain, the Annual Physican Suicide Awareness Day KU event 9/17/2020, and the #whitecoatsforblacklives 8min 46sec of silence on 6/5/2020.
- The spring 2020 Fitness Challenge Winners (number of visits to Kirmayer Fitness Center) 1st place winners (Family Medicine) and 2nd place winners (Cardiovascular Deases) .
- Images from the 2nd Annual Resident/Faculty/Med Student Art Show hosted by GME and leadership from Med Intima,a creative online publication dedicated to community, creativity, and culture at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. vist the show link on our Creativity as Wellness Page
- More images from the 2nd Annual Resident/Faculty/Med Student Art Show held virtually in November.
- GME and Resident Council hosted several fun virtual events from GME this year including the Face Mask Fashion Show and Resident Holiday Room Decoration Contest.
for more information about these photos please contact firstname.lastname@example.org