Information for Foreign Medical Graduates
The University of Kansas accepts applications from medical graduates outside the U.S. and generally accepts a very small number of FMIG's.
- The University of Kansas is unable to sponsor J-1 Visas. Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- You must have passed Step 1 and 2 (CK and CS) of the USMLE examinations with no more than 2 attempts overall. We do not have a minimum score criteria. Applicants with higher scores and without multiple attempts are more competitive.
- Applicants must have graduated from medical school in the past 4 years.
- We cannot interview graduates from medical schools not approved by the state of Kansas because applicants are ineligible for licensure. To find a list of approved schools please go to http://www.ksbha.org/medicalschoolsapprovedunapproved.html.
- Knowledge about and experience in the U.S. healthcare system is considered an attribute in your application.
- All applicants must apply through ERAS and have complete and current files.
Feb 17, 2014