Come learn with us!
No matter where you are in your medical education, we have a place for you. If you are a 4th year medical student, spend a month with us as a Sub-I or as an elective. Or, if you know our home is your home, apply now!
Interested in Applying?
Thank you for your interest in the Family Medicine Residency Program at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Please apply if you meet our basic requirements.
- We accept applications exclusively through the ERAS system. Please begin the process here: ERAS. Applications are accepted through December 31.
- Completion of USMLE Step 1 (or COMLEX part 1) with a passing score prior to application.
- Completion of USMLE Step 2 (or COMLEX part 2) with a passing score prior to by date of submission of the match list by our program.
- Must pass USMLE 1, 2 CS and CK (or COMLEX) with no more than 2 fails overall.
- Supporting documentation through ERAS - personal statement, letters of recommendation, your Dean's letter and transcript, recent photo.
- Graduation from an LCME or AOA accredited medical school within 4 years or currently in training
- Permanent resident or citizen.
- Able to obtain a license in Kansas. See KSCBHA website for details
- KU is unable to sponsor J1 Visas. Valid ECFMG Certificate for International Medical Graduates (also see Information for Foreign Medical Graduates)
- Able to begin work on July 1
*KU is unable to sponsor J1 visas. Applications from permanent residents and US citizens are welcome. All international candidates must be ECFMG certified.
Interviews and site visits: Qualified applicants will receive an invitation to spend a day with our faculty and residents and visit us. Candidates will tour the KU campus and the Family Medicine clinic. Socialize with the residents and faculty in a variety of settings. There will be several interviews with faculty including the program director and/or department chairman as well as with residents. You will also have an opportunity to meet staff and nurses who would work with you here at KU.
Typical interview schedule:
- 7:30 AM Meet resident in hospital lobby (residents who are interviewing applicants)
- 7:45 AM Meet and greet with Program Director and Coordinator
- 8:30 AM Start interviews
- Assistant Program Director/Chair
- Program Director
- 11:00 AM Tour (residents who are interviewing applicants)
- IPS Floor
- 12:00 PM Lunch with residents MOB (residents who are interviewing applicants)
- 1:00 PM Wrap up with Program Director and Coordinator (Benefits, Pictures)
- 2:00 PM Done
We recognize that the residency application process is critical to your career. Connecting with the right applicants for our program is also important to us. If there is anything that we can do to improve the application process for you or your family, do not hesitate to contact us:
Kristen Estrada, Senior Residency Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to call our Residency Office with any questions: 913-588-1959.
New Resident Documents
Sep 06, 2013