Come learn with us!
Interested in Applying?
Thank you for your interest in the Family Medicine Residency Program at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Please apply if you meet our basic requirements.
Basic Requirements for 2016-17
- Applications accepted exclusively through the ERAS system. Please begin the process here: ERAS. ERAS applications must be complete to be considered, including personal statement, 3 letters of recommendation, Dean's letter, and transcript. Applications are accepted through December 1.
- Completion of USMLE Step 1 (or COMLEX part 1) with a passing score prior to application.
- Completion of USMLE Step 2 CK and CS with passing scores preferable prior to application. Passing scores must be documented in ERAS prior to the program's match list submission date.
- Must pass each exam (USMLE Step 1, Step 2 CK and CS, or COMLEX 1 and 2) on the first or second attempt, preferably on the first attempt.
- Graduate from an LCME or AOA accredited medical school in 2015 or 2016. International medical school graduates must be within 3 years of graduation or currently in training.
- Be a permanent resident or citizen. KU Family Medicine Residency is unable to sponsor H1B Visas.
- Obtain valid ECFMG Certificate for International Medical Graduates
- Able to obtain a Kansas medical license. See the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts website for details.
- Able to begin work on July 1, 2017.
Interviews and site visits: Qualified applicants will be invited to interview with our faculty and residents. Candidates will tour the KU campus and the Family Medicine clinic. Opportunities to socialize with the residents and faculty in a variety of settings will be offered. You will also have an opportunity to meet staff and nurses who would work with you here at KU.
Example interview schedule (subject to change):
- Dinner the night before interview with residents
- 7:45 AM Meet resident in hospital lobby (residents who are interviewing applicants)
- 7:50 AM Meet and greet with Program Director and Coordinator
- 8:00 AM Divide into 2 groups: One starts with interviewing and the other with information session and tours of the hospital and Family Medicine Clinic.
- Start Interviews
- Chief Resident
- Faculty and/or Behavioral faculty/Psychologist
- Assistant Program Director
- Program Director
- 10:45 AM Groups switch for information session/touring and interviewing
- 12:15 PM Lunch with residents in Family Medicine Clinic
- 1:15 PM Done
We recognize that the residency application process is critical to your career. Connecting with the right applicants for our program is also important to us. If there is anything that we can do to improve the application process for you or your family, do not hesitate to contact us:
Keia Johnson, Senior Residency Program Coordinator, email@example.com
Feel free to call our Residency Office with any questions: 913-588-1902
Oct 21, 2016