Giulia Bonaminio, PhD
KUMC-Research Professor and Associate Dean for Medical Education
PhD: Molecular Genetics, The Ohio State University
Postdoctoral Fellowship: Medical Genetics, Stanford University
Dr. Giulia A. Bonaminio received her Ph.D. in Molecular Genetics from The Ohio State University and completed a postdoctoral fellowship in Medical Genetics at Stanford University. Dr. Bonaminio is the Associate Dean for Medical Education, the Director of the Office of Medical Education, and a Research Associate Professor in the Department of Family Medicine. She has responsibility for oversight of the curriculum, the standardized patient program, the evaluation of courses and the curriculum, and medical education research. Dr. Bonaminio has conducted faculty development workshops locally and nationally on topics including curriculum design, small group teaching and evaluation.
- Kennedy, M., Bonaminio, G., Paolo, A. "The development, administration and success of optional andrequired rural medical education experiences." International Journal of Child Health and Human Development, 4, 33-48 (2011).
- Chumley, H.C., Bonaminio, G.A., Minns, G.O., Klein, R.M., Walling, A.D. "The Reports: United States: University of Kansas School of Medicine." Academic Medicine, 85, S233-S236 (2010).
- "The development, administration and success of optional andrequired rural medical education experiences." Kennedy, M., Bonaminio, G., Paolo, A. In Bell, E., Zimitat, C., Merrick, J., eds. Rural Medical Education: Practical Strategies. New York: Nova Science, 2010.
- Finnerty, E., Chauvin, S., Bonaminio, G., Andrews, M., Carroll, R., Pangaro, L. "Flexner Revisited: The Role and Value of the Basic Sciences in Medical Education." Academic Medicine, 85, 349-355 (2010).
- Paolo, A.M., Bonaminio, G.A., Karr, M., Fishback, J.L., Latif, A., Cox, G.G. "Faculty and Student Attitudes Towards and Use of Technology in a Technology Enhanced Integrated Medical School Curriculum." Journal of the International Association of Medical Science Educators, 19-2, 58-67 (2009).
- Newton, B., Bonaminio, G., Finnerty, E., Karr, M. "Recording Lectures: The Pros and Cons for Faculty and the Millennial Student" Session presented at the International Association of Medical Science Educators Annual Meeting, July 10-13, 2010, New Orleans, LA.
- Bonaminio, G.A., Paolo, A.M., Berardo, B. "Preparation for Clinical Clerkships: Comparison of Two Preclinical Curricula" Poster presented at the International Association of Medical Science Educators Annual Meeting, July 10-13, 2010, New Orleans, LA.
- Norcini, J., Leapman, S., Patel, R., Bonaminio, G. "The Educational Realities of Increasing Class Size" Session presented at the RIME Symposium of the Association of American Medical Colleges Annual Meeting, November 2-7, 2007, Washington, D.C.
Feb 17, 2014