Mentoring Awards Committee Members
Each year, the committee that selects the award recipients is comprised of past award recipients and members of the Society of Distinguished Mentors along with some of the founding members of the award committee from both the Kansas City and Wichita campus. Contact the Associate Dean for the School of Medicine, Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development for more information.
2013 Committee Members:
- Robert M. Klein, Ph.D., 2013 Committee Chair, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Dean of Graduate Studies and Founding Committee Member
- Stewart Babbott, M.D., FACP, Founding Committee Member
- Matthew Mayo, PhD, MBA, Founding Chair and Professor, Department of Biostatistics
Associate Director for Shared Resources, The University of Kansas Cancer Center, 2007 Recipient of the Excellence in Mentoring Award
- Elizabeth Penick, PhD, ABPP, Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, and 2006 Inagural Recipient of the Lifetime Achievement in Mentoring Award, "The Jayhawk"
- Lori Roop, MBA, Assistant Dean of Graduate Medical Education, Administration
- Garold O. Minns, M.D., (Wichita rep) DEan, University of Kansas SChool of Medicine-Wichita, Associate Dean, Academic and Student Affairs, Professor and Program Director, Department of Internal Medicine -Wichita
- Marty McLaughlin, Founding Committee Member