The Elections Committee is responsible for the identification of qualified candidates and proper conduct of elections for positions within the faculty governance structure.
Membership (all elected)
- Three faculty members from clinical departments in Kansas City
- Three faculty members from basic science departments in Kansas City
- Three faculty members from the Wichita campus
Committee Members 2016-17
||Dee Lochmann (vice chair)
||Psychiatry - WI
||Ossama Tawfik (chair)
||Family & Community Medicine - WI
||Pediatrics - WI
- Conducting the elections for the Chair-Elect and Vice-Chair-Elect of Faculty Council
- Sending electronic ballot for annual call for nominations to fill annual membership vacancies on standing committees and at-large positions of Faculty Council
- Preparing a list of candidates for the general election ballot, according to regulations (verification of qualifications and desire to run)
- Sending electronic ballot for annual general election to fill annual membership vacancies on standing committees and at-large positions of Faculty Council
- Assisting in preparing the slate of candidates for the Education Council appointments by the Executive Dean
- Conducting special elections as necessary
- Receiving vote tallies and providing written report of results to the SOM faculty
- Deciding the outcome if a tie occurs
- Maintaining a Faculty Council roster
- Determining the number of delegates each department may have
The Committee shall meet in September, with additional meetings as needed during the year.
Faculty Affairs and Development
For more detailed information regarding the Elections Committee, view the Bylaws.
This page last updated December 2016.
Dec 29, 2016