Promotion and Tenure Overview
Are you considering applying for promotion this year?
Here are a few things to consider before deciding to move forward with your registration.
- Do you know the promotion requirements for your rank and track?
- What are the domain expectations?
- Can you document your accomplishments according to the rank and track requirements?
- If so, document your accomplishments to be sure it is enough to substantiate promotion.
- Seek advice about going up for promotion from your Department Chair, Division Director, and/or your Department APT Committee Chair.
For information on Applying for Promotion and/or Tenure, check out our Getting Started page!
If you are not familiar with the complete requirements, please review the Guidelines for Promotion and Tenure. For volunteer faculty, please peruse the Manual for Volunteer Faculty.
- If you are on the Tenure Track and started in 2012 (or received an extension), this is your mandatory year to apply for promotion and tenure.
- The same also applies to Associate Professors Without Tenure who started in 2012. You may apply for Tenure Only at your current rank OR for promotion and tenure.
March 1, 2017: Registration opens
May 1, 2017: Registration closes at 6:00 p.m.
August 1, 2017: Last day for Departmental APT Committee to review applicants.
September 1, 2017: Chair and Departmental APT Letters are DUE.
September 1, 2017: All applicant's review materials are due and must be uploaded to SharePoint!
September 1, 2017: All References Contact Information must be added to SharePoint.
Please start collecting the required materials early!!
Click here for more dates.
Please Contact FAD with any questions.
Feel free to email us at any time. We are happy to help you! Please check out the FAQ section to see if your question is answered there.
Jun 19, 2017