Appointments, Promotion and Tenure (APT) Overview
Are you considering applying for promotion this year?
Here are a few things to consider before deciding to move forward with your registration.
- Do you know the promotion criteria for your rank and track?
- What are the domain expectations?
- Check out the Domain Guide to find definitions and examples for each domain and each level.
- Now that you have idea of the requirements for your track and rank, can you document your accomplishments according to the criteria?
- Is it enough to substantiate promotion/tenure?
- Seek advice from your Department Chair, Division Director, and your Departmental APT Committee Chair.
For information on Applying for Promotion, please look through the Getting Started page. If you are ready to register, the deadline is May 1, 2017!
If you are not familiar with the complete requirements, we also recommend reviewing the Guidelines for Promotion and Tenure and/or the Manual for Volunteer Faculty.
- If you are on the Tenure Track and started in 2012 (or received an extension), this is your mandatory year to apply for promotion and tenure.
- The same also applies to Associate Professors Without Tenure who started in 2012. You may apply for Tenure Only at your current rank OR for promotion and tenure.
March 1 to May 1, 2017: Registration is open.
May 1, 2017: Deadline to submit a Registration Form.
August 1, 2017: Deadline for Departmental APT Committee to review applicants.
September 1, 2017: Deadline for Chair and Departmental APT Letters.
September 1, 2017: Applicant's packets are due.
Start early and don't forget to add your references!
Click here for more dates.
Please Contact FAD with any questions.
Feel free to email us at any time. We are happy to help you! Also, please check out the FAQ section to see if your question is answered there.
Thank you for your consideration and patience!
Apr 21, 2017