Emergency MedicineLEVEL 1 TRAUMA CENTER
As the area’s only nationally verified Level 1 Trauma Center, we can provide a full spectrum of care for critically injured patients. A team of trauma surgeons, emergency medicine physicians, neurosurgeons, orthopedists, plastic surgeons, radiologists, nurses and respiratory therapists can be mobilized on a moment’s notice.
Primary Stroke Center
A multidisciplinary team responds to acute strokes and can provide intravenous or intra-arterial tPA as well as mechanical embolus removal.
Cardiac Cath Lab
Our department of Cardiology STEMI team responds quickly and is routinely well below the guidelines for door to balloon times.
Psychiatric Liaison Service
We have psychiatric nurses 24 hours a day to help with the diagnosis and placement of patients with acute and chronic psychiatric illness. We also have a psychiatric resident in the ED ten hours a day Monday through Friday.
The ED combines innovative architecture with leading-edge treatment and technology. The facility features a dual-patient trauma bay, four ambulance bays, decontamination areas for staff and patients, and ED patient and visitor parking.
Other features include:
- Thirty-one private rooms so patients can receive care in a quiet, well-organized and reassuring environment.
- Fully electronic medical record and physician order entry using Epic.
- Expanded triage area with 12-lead EKG capability for prompt diagnosis of critical chest pain patients.
- Radiology equipment, including a 64-slice CT scanner dedicated to our ED patients.
- Advanced technology so nurses and physicians can monitor patients in any room or trauma bay.
- Waiting area that comfortably can accommodate up to 50 people.
- Isolation waiting area that separates those with contagious illnesses from other patients and visitors.
Burnett Burn Center
The Gene and Barbara Burnett Burn Center is the only adult burn center in the greater Kansas City area to be accredited by the American Burn Association and the American College of Surgeons.
Jan 16, 2013